CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Nah, Tyson Chandler is a perfectly reasonable comparison. The problem is this board absolutely overrates Chandler who's been a mediocre center his entire career.

Most casual fans didn't even know Chandlers name until he won a ring in Dallas. If you look at his career averages they're incredibly mediocre and he played on some terrible teams.

Exactly. I wish I would have seen this before my last post. People on here have lost their minds over this guy. It's funny actually.

No one has lost their minds at all. I personally have put down legit reasons why the Magic could draft him and I just see you post that "he changed his name to trill" over and over again.

But you failed to post the rest of my response. Vuch is the closest thing to a star we have, but how often do teams trade away their best player and get a better single star in return?

WCS does nothing to Vuc except solidify the fact that we need his scoring more than before and he isn't going anywhere.

You don't get it. If you have a guy like WCS at the 5, you can surround him with the athletes we have and not have to worry about a clogged lane ever again. WCS runs the pick and roll so well that you can spread the floor and find open shooters a lot easier. He is compared to Tyson Chandler because he is the ideal big to put next to a stretch 4 type PF, which is what the Magic are probably hoping Aaron Gordon can become - in the Draymond/Matrix mold.

I found a pretty entertaining and good blog with tons of GIF links and breakdowns to a lot of the lottery picks. Here is his :

https://hoopsrambler.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/what-are-you-willie-looking-at-willie-cauley-stein/

No one has lost their minds at all. I personally have put down legit reasons why the Magic could draft him and I just see you post that "he changed his name to trill" over and over again.

You don't get it. If you have a guy like WCS at the 5, you can surround him with the athletes we have and not have to worry about a clogged lane ever again. WCS runs the pick and roll so well that you can spread the floor and find open shooters a lot easier. He is compared to Tyson Chandler because he is the ideal big to put next to a stretch 4 type PF, which is what the Magic are probably hoping Aaron Gordon can become - in the Draymond/Matrix mold.

I found a pretty entertaining and good blog with tons of GIF links and breakdowns to a lot of the lottery picks. Here is his :

https://hoopsrambler.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/what-are-you-willie-looking-at-willie-cauley-stein/

Who are these "shooters" you speak of in said scenario?

And dude I've said 100 times on here I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him. I get the reasons you point out. They're obvious. Of course I see that. But he's not my first choice that's all. But sure mention the one negative thing I say about him, whatever fits your narrative.

Nah, Tyson Chandler is a perfectly reasonable comparison. The problem is this board absolutely overrates Chandler who's been a mediocre center (with one or two strolls into being good) his entire career.

Chandler was before his time. That is the problem. He is not going to work as well with a traditional PF. You put him next to a PF that can shoot like Dirk and the team wins a ring.

That is why Melo played so well at PF next to Chandler also. Too bad the team was pretty bad and they didn't figure that out until too late. Also, Chandler has been in the league 13 years now, so there's that.

Most casual fans didn't even know Chandlers name until he won a ring in Dallas. If you look at his career averages they're incredibly mediocre and he played on some terrible teams.

He's the Tony Allen of centers. Valuable when placed in a situation that can exploit his strengths and hide his weaknesses (I.e. Playing with multiple shooters, dirk, and elite point guards like Paul and kidd). Not a guy you build your team around.

Who are these "shooters" you speak of in said scenario?

And dude I've said 100 times on here I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him. I get the reasons you point out. They're obvious. Of course I see that. But he's not my first choice that's all. But sure mention the one negative thing I say about him, whatever fits your narrative.

Have you looked at the free agent SF's out there? Lots of shooters. Maybe not names you have heard of, but guys who were hitting 38-40% from 3. Plus we have Evan and we have Frye, two guys who shot 39%.

He's the Tony Allen of centers. Valuable when placed in a situation that can exploit his strengths and hide his weaknesses (I.e. Playing with multiple shooters, dirk, and elite point guards like Paul and kidd). Not a guy you build your team around.

What draft pick this year are we building our team around? Probably none.

And yeah the Tony Allen of Centers sounds great to me. That guy was money in the playoffs until he got hurt.

Like I was saying before..the Magic look like they will be able to run a 4 out 1 in offense at some point that could be lethal. Why? They do not have the shooters yet, but they have guys who can create off the dribble. Those are usually the guys that such a team is missing (ATL Hawks, perfect example).

Everyone here says if Elfrid and Dipo get space, watch out. Well that only happens with a rim protector at 5.

If we plan on re signing Harris which we obviously do, I think we do draft a big at 5. And if it comes down to WCS or Porz, everyone on here knows who I'm taking.

Nah, Tyson Chandler is a perfectly reasonable comparison. The problem is this board absolutely overrates Chandler who's been a mediocre center (with one or two strolls into being good) his entire career.

Chandler is fine, but I think there's a substantial difference between him and either Andersen or Dalembert

I think people around here forget how nice it was to have other teams fear driving into the lane against us when we had Howard sending their shots into the stands. I would welcome WCS with open arms