CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

James Jones has more titles than charles Barkley but you wouldn't draft Jones first.

For all the Tyson Chandler comparisons, people forget it took Chandler 6 or 7 seasons to become a solid starting center and until his 10th season to have a elite defensive impact on a great team.

This is very true. And Chandler has one of the best mentality's of anyone in the NBA. Not sure if WCS has that.

James Jones has more titles than charles Barkley but you wouldn't draft Jones first.

For all the Tyson Chandler comparisons, people forget it took Chandler 6 or 7 seasons to become a solid starting center and until his 10th season to have a elite defensive impact on a great team.

chandler came out of high school.

I understand that, but it's not like wcs is ahead on that development curve.

Statically didn't he make little to no improvements in 3 years at UK?

Because Chandler played with better players. That's the only reason. Not some "Dwight isn't a winner" mumbojumbo. Replace Chandler with Dwight and the Mavs still win the championship.

It's not mumbo jumbo..its true. Dwight had a real shot this year with Harden and couldn't get it done.

Chandler fit a system. They needed him in the middle. A guy like that is invaluable in today's NBA. And so is Dwight, but he just can't seem to win. He gets mad, he hits guys, he loses his cool and clanks free throws..still can't shoot at all.

Anyway my point is these guys, at their core are rim protectors. Guys like this can anchor championship teams and are a big part of why they win.

Who is the superstar sure thing in this draft we must get? Just let me know. I see a lot of depth and a lot of talented players with star potential but no Jabari Parker or Wiggins. So I'm just curious who you think is so amazing that picking a true 7 footer who can guard all 5 positions and projects as an elite rim protector for a team desperately needing that is such a bad thing.

Absolutely no one, and that seems to be where the misunderstanding is. I don't think anyone is campaigning for one person specifically, we don't know enough to do that, just campaigning for a different drafting ethos than the one that would have us select WCS. At 5 I want the player with the highest potential and I think most everyone would agree that is not WCS.

I don't even know what your point is.

Is there a Charles Barkley in this draft? No.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Chandler was the 2nd overall pick in his draft class and he was much more raw offensively than WCS. I watched him from 5 rows away that year. He had ZERO offense. Literally nothing.

Chandler was the 2nd overall pick in his draft class and he was much more raw offensively than WCS. I watched him from 5 rows away that year. He had ZERO offense. Literally nothing.

Jones>Barkley::Chandler>Dwight

I'm saying why does Chandler get extra credit for winning a championship in his 10th season on his third team as the teams 5th best player and how does that impact us drafting wcs over a more talented player when it's obvious we cab fill the rim protection role in a future draft or future free agency like Dallas did with Chandler.

It's like saying the heat won a championship with Mike Miller as their 5th best player so we should draft rj Hunter

Jones>Barkley::Chandler>Dwight

Once again, I have never said Chandler is better than Dwight.

Is there a Dwight Howard or Barkley in this draft? No.

Some are fired up because they think we won't get a superstar. That's silly. No one passes on a superstar. I know the Magic did not last year. I don't see Exum doing anything amazing in Utah.

If we want a superstar, the best shots are Towns and Okafor and possibly Rusell. Those are the guys. Anyone else is BPA. BPA is predicated by skill set. So now we are at pick 4. If the Knicks are like most GMs in the NBA, they will value rim protection over anything else because it's the hardest skill set to find. They will then take WCS. If they do not, the Magic likely could.

Yes it would suck to not draft Mario, but he is not a two way player so far. He could be, which is why I love the pick, but he could also be a team cancer

After pick 3, there aren't any 2 way players left. Hell, the top 3 guys are not even considered that. I like Stanley Johnson because he is a potential 2 way player and Winslow could be as well, but there are questions there as well.

We went through the same thing with Noel, and now people want to trade for him. WCS could easily be as good if not better than he is.

• Upvote 1

I'm just saying, why waste a pick on wcs at 5 when we could easily trade back into the 20s if a rim protector is really that important and roll the dice on Robert Upshaw or Christian Wood. There are players with similar upside to wcs outside of the lottery but very few Russell's, Mudiays, Winslows, Hezonjas, Porzingises, etc.

I'm saying why does Chandler get extra credit for winning a championship in his 10th season on his third team as the teams 5th best player and how does that impact us drafting wcs over a more talented player when it's obvious we cab fill the rim protection role in a future draft or future free agency like Dallas did with Chandler.

It's like saying the heat won a championship with Mike Miller as their 5th best player so we should draft rj Hunter

It's not obvious at all that we can fill the rim protection role in free agency of a future draft. It's the most coveted skill set in the NBA right now.

Go look at the free agent bigs and let me know who is out there that can guard all 5 positions and run the floor with guards at 7 feet tall.

Ill save you the time, there aren't any.

I thought the same thing and then I put the time into looking at all this stuff. It's simply not the case.

Shooting wings are just easier to find. There are some real good ones in FA that would be inexpensive.