CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

they are not once in a life time players. Magic, Jordon, Labron, Shaq - Generational gifted talents.

Those guys were among the top 50 players of all time.

Because guys don't have to be every year all stars to be valuable.

Manu is a two time all star in 13 seasons.

Tyson Chandler is a one time all star in 14 seasons.

Andre Iguodala is a one time all star in 11 seasons

Pau Gasol is a 5 time all star in 14 seasons.

Rashard Lewis is a 2 time all star in 16 seasons.

Peja stojacovic is a three time all star in 13 seasons

Rip Hamilton is a three time all star in 14 seasons.

All great players. None are perennial all stars. If the top 7 of this draft consisted of the players above, it would be one of the deepest drafts of all time.

It's rare to find a perennial all star.

I think 7 of them have the tools but 3-4 will actually make it to that point.

Those guys were among the top 50 players of all time.

your saying generation not me. Superstar and generational are two different things.

I think 7 of them have the tools but 3-4 will actually make it to that point.

Oh, yeah, totally. But we've dialed it back from superstar to perennial all star to multiple all star.

3 guys out of the top 7 of this draft to be a multi time all star is a totally reasonable statement.

your saying generation not me. Superstar and generational are two different things.

And im saying Barkley, Malone, Pippen, David Robinson et al are generational talents

And im saying Barkley, Malone, Pippen, David Robinson et al are generational talents

I personally would say all hall of fame players are superstars. (Dennis Roman :headbang: )

I would not call lewis, nelson, or Michael Redd a superstar.

Just because a guy isn't the number one offensive guy doesn't mean he wasn't "good enough"

There were other offensive guys who were better than he was...are you going to discredit Draymond Green or Andre I. because they arent the number one offensive guys on their team? No. Why? Because they have a different skill set. You need guys who round out your team. While it would be nice to have a complete starting 5 that could all play both ways...I just don't think that is realistic. I think we have other guys on our team that can carry the offense as they improve and that would allow WCS to be the anchor on defense.

Yes. There were other not-top-5-draft-picks who were better than he was. In fact, most of the guys who were better than he was were not even first round draft picks.

I'm not discrediting Draymond Green or Andre Iguodala. I'm just saying they aren't very good offensive players by NBA standards. And both of those guys have averaged more points per game during an NBA season than has WCS against college talents in the lowly SEC.

I get that you need guys to round out your team. I'm just not sure WCS does that. He plugs a hole. But does he create more problems on offense than he fixes on defense? His offense has not shown to be very good, and we have three years of tape on that.

I personally would say all hall of fame players are superstars. (Dennis Roman :headbang:/> )

I would not call lewis, nelson, or Michael Redd a superstar.

Eh, I think all superstars are hall of famer but not all hall of famers are superstars.

Like, was Mitch Richmond a superstar? If yes, we're going to have to have a discussion about Joe Johnson being a superstar