CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

With Oladipo looking more and more like a 6th man to me, I'm liking D'Angelo Russell more and more. I'm assuming we will be picking around 10 and the more I watch this team lose every night the more apparent it becomes that we need more scoring on the perimeter and with Oladipo having not hit a jump shot in 2 games, it makes me wonder if a Payton/Dipo frontcourt will ever work.

I'm also liking Caris Levert from Michigan. 6'7 guard with a deadly stroke. Projects as an elite defender as well. Give me one of those 2 too throw next to Payton and move Dipo to 6th man role.

With Oladipo looking more and more like a 6th man to me, I'm liking D'Angelo Russell more and more. I'm assuming we will be picking around 10 and the more I watch this team lose every night the more apparent it becomes that we need more scoring on the perimeter and with Oladipo having not hit a jump shot in 2 games, it makes me wonder if a Payton/Dipo frontcourt will ever work.

I'm also liking Caris Levert from Michigan. 6'7 guard with a deadly stroke. Projects as an elite defender as well. Give me one of those 2 too throw next to Payton and move Dipo to 6th man role.

beleive it or not, I think we have a nice scoring wing on the bench. His name is marble and he has yet to get time. Plus he can play some defense. we have just elected to go with bg.

Though, i want to personally see all the young guns get time, BG has scored nice when given mins. the player we tanked for last year is hurt. AG will also make a difference with defense and energy when he comes back next month.

It makes me wonder if a Payton/Dipo frontcourt will ever work.

I thinks it's pretty early to try and determine that with only about 22-25 games being played together. In saying that I definitely agree with some of what you're saying because Oladipo is exactly the type of player that could come in as a 6th man as take over a game. The sixth man spot is no slouch position and is just as important as starters in the NBA game today. Players like Ginobili, Crawford, Jackson (OKC), Korver, and Isaiah Thomas have shown their worth and importance of a 6th man.

beleive it or not, I think we have a nice scoring wing on the bench. His name is marble and he has yet to get time. Plus he can play some defense. we have just elected to go with bg.

Though, i want to personally see all the young guns get time, BG has scored nice when given mins. the player we tanked for last year is hurt. AG will also make a difference with defense and energy when he comes back next month.

I find it hard to believe that Marble is some secret weapon we haven't unleashed yet, considering we struggle mightily to get to 90 points every game and are 29th in the league in PPG. I have to (do I?) trust that JV would play him if he actually thought he could be a contributer. Not saying I didn't like what I saw from Marble in Summer League, because I did, but I'm not naive enough to think he's destined to be a big bench scorer for us in the future.

BG has been a really nice addition for us this year and I have to think there are about 10 contending teams that wish they would have given him more of a look in the off-season. Unfortunately, he's not a long term solution for us.

I thinks it's pretty early to try and determine that with only about 22-25 games being played together. In saying that I definitely agree with some of what you're saying because Oladipo is exactly the type of player that could come in as a 6th man as take over a game. The sixth man spot is no slouch position and is just as important as starters in the NBA game today. Players like Ginobili, Crawford, Jackson (OKC), Korver, and Isaiah Thomas have shown their worth and importance of a 6th man.

I'm with you. I'm not saying I've given up on them playing and starting together, but I am beginning to wonder.

I shot a few questions Steve Kylers way on Twitter today and he said that most GM's prior to the draft viewed Dipo as a 6th man and said that is still the best role for him. Also, he said Payton's shot is much more fixable than that of Dipo's. He said that an off-season with a shooting coach like David Thorpe would do wonders for him. I know Kyler isn't anyone's favorite media person but I'll report it back here nonetheless.

I find it hard to believe that Marble is some secret weapon we haven't unleashed yet, considering we struggle mightily to get to 90 points every game and are 29th in the league in PPG. I have to (do I?) trust that JV would play him if he actually thought he could be a contributer. Not saying I didn't like what I saw from Marble in Summer League, because I did, but I'm not naive enough to think he's destined to be a big bench scorer for us in the future.

BG has been a really nice addition for us this year and I have to think there are about 10 contending teams that wish they would have given him more of a look in the off-season. Unfortunately, he's not a long term solution for us.

I never called him a secret weapon, but I feel he can be as good as another rookie we would bring in. my thoughts are that we should see what marble can do before bring in another similar talent and using a roster spot and draft pick. I see marble as a good scorer and willing defender. he just went to the bayhawks so we will see what he can do in the dl.

I'd like to see Gordon play more in the 4th the guy has been a pretty accurate shooter lately and has the highest ft % on a team with crappy ft shooters

I'm with you. I'm not saying I've given up on them playing and starting together, but I am beginning to wonder.

I shot a few questions Steve Kylers way on Twitter today and he said that most GM's prior to the draft viewed Dipo as a 6th man and said that is still the best role for him. Also, he said Payton's shot is much more fixable than that of Dipo's. He said that an off-season with a shooting coach like David Thorpe would do wonders for him. I know Kyler isn't anyone's favorite media person but I'll report it back here nonetheless.

Do you know why this is with Kyler? Because when he started Hoopsworld, he would consistently put his foot in his mouth and never came up with anything true or accurate.

All jump shots are somewhat fixable. Hell, if Shawn Marion can shoot from three, so can Payton but by God, to suggest that Dipo's shot is worse is just complete ignorance and total lack of vision. Ray Charles can see Dipo's mechanics are more fundamentally sound than Payton's.

I'm glad some Magic fans are jumping off the Dipo wagon. Kinda shows why the arena atmosphere sucks...Bunch of flip floppers.

Do you know why this is with Kyler? Because when he started Hoopsworld, he would consistently put his foot in his mouth and never came up with anything true or accurate.

All jump shots are somewhat fixable. Hell, if Shawn Marion can shoot from three, so can Payton but by God, to suggest that Dipo's shot is worse is just complete ignorance and total lack of vision. Ray Charles can see Dipo's mechanics are more fundamentally sound than Payton's.

I'm glad some Magic fans are jumping off the Dipo wagon. Kinda shows why the arena atmosphere sucks...Bunch of flip floppers.

The best of dipo is far yet to come just wait

I'm not jumping off any bandwagons. I guess I just critique every player the same and don't hold anyone to different standards. I'm just calling it like I see it. Maybe Oladipo and Payton will both improve their shots and become a really good shooting front court, but as it stands, I just am a little weary of that being the future front court. That's all. Maybe that's why I'm liking Russell so much because he represents something we don't have.