CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Still think Porzingis is a perfect pick for us if we do manage to get some lottery luck. He can shoot from the perimeter, off the dribble, and out of the post, he's athletic, he's long (7'0 at least) and he alters shots at the rim (blocks 1.3 shots a game in about 20 mins). He also has potential to be a decent perimeter defensive player who can hedge high and recover and even switch out onto less quick wings (most of his defensive troubles currently are his lack of bulk and being out of position). At very worst he's a legit 7 footer who can make open jump shots. Best case he's maybe a Chris Bosh type player. The only reason I like him more than Towns for this team is that i think Towns is more of a center whereas Porzingis can probably be a full time 4.

Still think Porzingis is a perfect pick for us if we do manage to get some lottery luck. He can shoot from the perimeter, off the dribble, and out of the post, he's athletic, he's long (7'0 at least) and he alters shots at the rim (blocks 1.3 shots a game in about 20 mins). He also has potential to be a decent perimeter defensive player who can hedge high and recover and even switch out onto less quick wings (most of his defensive troubles currently are his lack of bulk and being out of position). At very worst he's a legit 7 footer who can make open jump shots. Best case he's maybe a Chris Bosh type player. The only reason I like him more than Towns for this team is that i think Towns is more of a center whereas Porzingis can probably be a full time 4.

He scares the crap out of me. I like his skill/size etc, but isn't he averaging less than 6 ppg wherever he plays? He's also crazy thin, and even his advocates concede he may be a real project. I wouldn't hate the pick though, and a lot can change between now and then.

He scares the crap out of me. I like his skill/size etc, but isn't he averaging less than 6 ppg wherever he plays? He's also crazy thin, and even his advocates concede he may be a real project. I wouldn't hate the pick though, and a lot can change between now and then.

He's averaging 8-10 points per game playing 20 mins per game in the second best basketball league in the world. I concede he's pretty thin and lightweight right now though.

He's averaging 8-10 points per game playing 20 mins per game in the second best basketball league in the world. I concede he's pretty thin and lightweight right now though.

I clearly haven't seen more updated numbers on him then. This shows some things to really like about him against tough comp, but get this man in a weight room.

Edit: His jumper could be lethal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhoEgBjZXSM