CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Question for the board:

If we called MIN or LAL and offered VUC straight up for the 1rst or 2nd pick would they take it?

No.

Question for the board:

If we called MIN or LAL and offered VUC straight up for the 1rst or 2nd pick would they take it?

They'd talk about it then say no.

Vooch is worth more to us than #2 and #2 is worth more to the Lakers than Vooch

Just to add WCS is shooting well from Midrange in his workouts and his form looks good.

This is intriguing to me, as I always thought that when he took the mid-range jumper in college it looked like there was something there. I'm still not a huge fan of the pick, because I agree with you that, long-term, he and Vuc are not together if WCS is starter-good. I think Vuc right now is the best asset Orlando has. Guys who score and rebound like that are extremely rare. And I do think he has potential, with his size and strength, to be at least an average interior defender.

It's almost starting to look like this, with this draft: If Orlando drafts WCS, they can keep Harris long-term, but not Vuc (unless Gordon develops as the Shawn Marion/Josh Smith hybrid that dreams are made of). If they draft one of the wing guys (or Kristaps, probably), they can keep Vuc, but Harris may be out (or at least pushed to a sixth man role).

I like Harris. I like Vuc. And both will be trade-able assets. Vuc's contract will probably make him more trade-able. I suppose I don't hate this pick. But I still think Mario is the best idea

It's almost starting to look like this, with this draft: If Orlando drafts WCS, they can keep Harris long-term, but not Vuc (unless Gordon develops as the Shawn Marion/Josh Smith hybrid that dreams are made of). If they draft one of the wing guys (or Kristaps, probably), they can keep Vuc, but Harris may be out (or at least pushed to a sixth man role).

Josh Smith is what dreams are made of?

Man I said over and over why it would not be a mess with them on the floor together and it's like you didn't even read it. He is very effective in the paint and from 15 feet and he can still do both things. I explained why it does make sense if the Magic did choose to take this guy.

Also at 5 an elite rim protector could very well be the Magic's BPA. I also addressed why teams value this so much.

The BPA could also be Mudiay. But nobody seems to want that guy either due to redundant talent. Same issue.

Fundeburker assumes Hezonja is the better player, but there is 0 evidence of that. If anything, they are rated at equal value right now.

Just to add WCS is shooting well from Midrange in his workouts and his form looks good. This is going to be a real interesting draft and not just for us.

Oh I read it a few times and I still disagree. You're very knowledgeable and I'll always respect your opinion. I just don't see Vucevic and WCS working well together on the offensive end. I see your point and maybe Willie has improved his range and if he's drafted to Orlando and it works than I'll give you all the respect you deserve. I just see Hezonja, Porzingis, or Winslow being better fits for this team. I'm not so sure that Aaron Gordon stays at SF either as he can block shots and guard 4-5 positions. IMO, Gordon can make the transition to full time PF quite easy and it's hard to not get excited about a starting group of Vucevic, Gordon, Hezonja, Oladipo, and Payton for the future.

I think best case WCS is a Joakim Noah like player. Similar frame. WCS is actually more athletic probably but he doesn't have that non stop motor that Noah has, nor does he have the passing.

Oh I read it a few times and I still disagree. You're very knowledgeable and I'll always respect your opinion. I just don't see Vucevic and WCS working well together on the offensive end. I see your point and maybe Willie has improved his range and if he's drafted to Orlando and it works than I'll give you all the respect you deserve. I just see Hezonja, Porzingis, or Winslow being better fits for this team. I'm not so sure that Aaron Gordon stays at SF either as he can block shots and guard 4-5 positions. IMO, Gordon can make the transition to full time PF quite easy and it's hard to not get excited about a starting group of Vucevic, Gordon, Hezonja, Oladipo, and Payton for the future.

No I like that lineup, but it's not about us making the pick its about the Magic. So this is why I am trying to figure out who they believe the best fit is. Not us.

I definitely do not seek any respect if the Magic take WCS. I just will link my posts to to the people who melt down because we didn't take who they wanted.

I should have stuck to my guns on Aaron Gordon last year, but I started thinking about need and that was a mistake.

No I like that lineup, but it's not about us making the pick its about the Magic. So this is why I am trying to figure out who they believe the best fit is. Not us.

I definitely do not seek any respect if the Magic take WCS. I just will link my posts to to the people who melt down because we didn't take who they wanted.

I should have stuck to my guns on Aaron Gordon last year, but I started thinking about need and that was a mistake.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I didn't say I'll respect your opinion of why they should take WCS. I said I'll give you respect if they take WCS and playing him next to Vucevic works due to me thinking it won't.

What did you say about Aaron Gordon last? I forgot

I completely understand where you're coming from. I didn't say I'll respect your opinion of why they should take WCS. I said I'll give you respect if they take WCS and playing him next to Vucevic works due to me thinking it won't.

What did you say about Aaron Gordon last? I forgot

Oh ok, I got you.

I need to find it. But it was last years draft thread and I was talking about why Gordon could be a perfect fit for us. A lot of people were not about it. Some were. And then a few weeks passed and we were focused on guys like Exum, and maybe trading up for Wiggins or Parker, taking assorted PF's..and then draft night comes and we take Gordon. Was insane. People here were so upset, it was crazy. Childish reactions from grown men. It was honestly pitiful to read some of it.

You can make the case for Mario/Winslow/WCS at 5 relatively easily. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted WCS, I just don't think it's great value at 5. I've said before I think WCS is one of the safest players in this draft, just don't think he has near the upside as someone like Mario or Winslow. But he's a relatively safe bet to be an elite defender that can guard any position and can run the floor as good as any big in the league. That offense though :(/>

He can reach 12.5 feet and is compared to a young d12 physically....that looks like one heck of an upside to me. He would need to be coachable and I'd be sold. No one wants the d12 drama anymore. Dedmon is a great heart and hustle guy but I doubt we could get a late first for him right now. Emeka was the safe pick years ago and Dwight the speciman you had to wait on....WCS is the speciman and the pick.