CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Right, we can sign and trade Harris once the free agency period starts. We can't trade him prior to the draft and a backroom deal would be very illegal.

Actually, per the quoted info, you can't sign and trade a restricted free agent at all. Now, once you sign him to a new contract, and he has been in the new contract for either 60 or 90 days (can't remember which), then I think you can trade him during the season.

Edit: my bad, misread it, you can't do a sign and trade if the restricted has received an offer sheet. I do know that if you match on a restricted, you can't then trade them later that year to the team that made the initial offer you matched.

I was only responding to p4w saying we can't trade Harris. I have no idea what you're referring to.

My bad for assuming you were trying to participate in the conversation.

The only pick worth trading up for is #1 to land Towns and the T-Wolves will be asking for a lot more than AG.

They have nothing to lose in they can grab the big they need or demand a heavily one sided deal.

Actually, per the quoted info, you can't sign and trade a restricted free agent at all. Now, once you sign him to a new contract, and he has been in the new contract for either 60 or 90 days (can't remember which), then I think you can trade him during the season.

Edit: my bad, misread it, you can't do a sign and trade if the restricted has received an offer sheet. I do know that if you match on a restricted, you can't then trade them later that year to the team that made the initial offer you matched.

So you can sign a FA who is already on your team and trade him (a la LeBron for the max and the Heat getting a 2nd round pick in return), but you cannot do the same with a Restricted FA? Unfortunate, as I think that Tobias as a sign-and-trade would work well. I'm now almost guaranteeing that we'll match close to any offer that is thrown at him. You don't just let someone walk with that talent if you're $30 million under the salary cap.

Don't you guys think Oladipo and Winslow would have overlapping skills? Maybe in a bad way on the offensive end

I would argue Payton & Oladipo both cannot shoot from outside and this just creates huge problems for us on offense. If you add a SF who can't shoot into our starting line-up, we're done for.

I think AG will develop a jumper, and Oladipo will have a serviceable one, but we need a guy who can shoot. Hezonja is our guy to fill that scoring/shooting void.

• Upvote 1

I would argue Payton & Oladipo both cannot shoot from outside and this just creates huge problems for us on offense. If you add a SF who can't shoot into our starting line-up, we're done for.

I think AG will develop a jumper, and Oladipo will have a serviceable one, but we need a guy who can shoot. Hezonja is our guy to fill that scoring/shooting void.

I'd give you 1000 upvotes if I could