CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

"That’s why I would still take someone like D’Angelo Russell before Winslow."

Yes. Plus I would add Mario to that list as well, based on the article's theory of drafting offense over defense.

While Winslow would be a good addition to the team, where we are at we need someone who you can get the ball to and they will score

Im hoping we get pick 4 because I think we can get Russell there. I think Mudiay may go ahead of him, which would be be the best case for the Magic. If not, the Magic could draft Mudiay and trade back for their guy. Basically pull a 76rs move.

Russell should solve the backcourt questions, and we could keep Victor here until his contract is up to see how he progresses as well. I like having 3 stud guards and letting it sort itself out. Would give the Magic the best young guard rotation in the NBA, and they could roll small with all 3 of them out there at times as well.

No.

Especially considering his final paragraph

Edit: I'm very comfortable betting on Payton and Oladipo for improvement and hennigan to build around these guys.

Lowe mentioned this in the first paragraph and a Utah fan brought this up on Twitter. Would it make sense for us to trade Vucevic for Favors?

Discuss...

Personally I wouldn't. I like Vuc as a stretch 5 if we can get a heavy defensive 4 along side of him. For instance, if we had the #1 draft pick, I wouldn't want Okafor because I don't think he fits a need that we have. He'd be great offensively, but a liability on the defensive end. However, if we had Towns, then we could let Vuc score, Towns could get a few buckets but primarily focus on the defensive side of the ball and help-side when Vuc gets beat.

This link is a side by side comparison of Vuc vs Favors. They're pretty similar across the board except for blocks. If we were to explore that trade, then I think now you'd want to draft for an offensive big (like Okafor) but keeping Vuc means we need to draft defensive.

Im hoping we get pick 4 because I think we can get Russell there. I think Mudiay may go ahead of him, which would be be the best case for the Magic. If not, the Magic could draft Mudiay and trade back for their guy. Basically pull a 76rs move.

Russell should solve the backcourt questions, and we could keep Victor here until his contract is up to see how he progresses as well. I like having 3 stud guards and letting it sort itself out. Would give the Magic the best young guard rotation in the NBA, and they could roll small with all 3 of them out there at times as well.

I don't think 4 is a possibility (unless the standings change). We're 5th based on record so if we move up it will be to 1,2, or 3. Lakers are at 4, so if they move up we would still be behind the top 3 worst teams which would keep us at 5. So basically it's 1,2,3 or 5, 6, 7, 8 assuming we stay positioned as the 5th worst team.

I don't think 4 is a possibility (unless the standings change). We're 5th based on record so if we move up it will be to 1,2, or 3. Lakers are at 4, so if they move up we would still be behind the top 3 worst teams which would keep us at 5. So basically it's 1,2,3 or 5, 6, 7, 8 assuming we stay positioned as the 5th worst team.

That is correct

However, it is possible for LA to pass us and end up pushing us into the 4th spot.

True, but I'd be shocked if they won another game...they're just not going to let that happen.

I have Russell and Hezonja as 1a and 1b depending on where our pick lands. Honestly, I lean toward agreeing with Hezonja when he says he would be the first pick had he played college ball.

Mudiay is probably 2 for me, despite him being a terrible fit. But we need an on-the-ball scorer, and he fits the bill.

Towns is the best fit with this roster, but I'm not convinced this is the roster that we will build around. I would not be mad if we got him though. Okafor would require moving Vuc, but wouldn't be mad with him either.

Of course we probably won't get the ping pong balls, so give me Mario

Mario went off last night. 15 points in 17 minutes. He went 5 of 6 from 3.

This guy is going to supplant my man Stan for my #2 slot.

Look at the ball movement of these teams. This is some beautiful offense compared to NCAA ball.

I don't see us getting Towns or Okafor, but if we can't get Russell, this guy has to be in play.

Mario went off last night. 15 points in 17 minutes. He went 5 of 6 from 3.

This guy is going to supplant my man Stan for my #2 slot.

Look at the ball movement of these teams. This is some beautiful offense compared to NCAA ball.

I don't see us getting Towns or Okafor, but if we can't get Russell, this guy has to be in play.

I think Hezonja vs Winslow will depend on workouts. The main concern with Hezonja is translation from Spain to the nba. We don't have a whole lot of good players from Europe to use as analogs.