CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

There is always that one guy that improves his hype/stock in the Tourney, Winslow has been that guy this year. Hasn't changed the way I viewed him from 2 months ago, just solidifies it.

There is always that one guy that improves his hype/stock in the Tourney, Winslow has been that guy this year. Hasn't changed the way I viewed him from 2 months ago, just solidifies it.

He's been terrific no doubt. I'd say 4-7 is his draft range now. Before the tournament I'd have said it was 5-12.

Gonzaga got pretty unlucky I think. Foul trouble and not making some shots that they've made all year cost them. Also I think not bringing Sabonis back in earlier cost them. He was terrific in the 1st before his 3rd foul and I'm not sure Duke would have been able to handle both him and Karnowski at the same time. Winslow was by far the standout for Duke in my mind. I had Gonzaga going to the Championship game but now I think it'll be Duke over MSU.

He's been terrific no doubt. I'd say 4-7 is his draft range now. Before the tournament I'd have said it was 5-12.

That's a stretch, he's been up there in the top 10 all season from what Ive seen. I've had him at 5 since slightly before Catman's Johnson crush...and i'm no pioneer on the recruiting trail. He's been solid.

That's a stretch, he's been up there in the top 10 all season from what Ive seen. I've had him at 5 since slightly before Catman's Johnson crush...and i'm no pioneer on the recruiting trail. He's been solid.

I watched him a few times in January and February and wasn't too impressed. At that time I had Stanley Johnson, WCS, Hezonja and Porzingis above him. That's at least pick 9. On the DX mock draft update on the 17th of Feb Winslow was at pick 12.

EDIT: Also on January 22nd Winslow was at 11 on Chad Ford's top 100 prospects.

I watched him a few times in January and February and wasn't too impressed. At that time I had Stanley Johnson, WCS, Hezonja and Porzingis above him. That's at least pick 9. On the DX mock draft update on the 17th of Feb Winslow was at pick 12.

He was one of the most recruited players in the country who chose duke, a mcd all american, and had a season full of high scoring games. Maybe he just started higher on my list. He did lay a bomb against Wisconsin earlier in the season though...

Tier two for me is Winslow, Hez, Porz. Tier 3 is Kaminsky, Johnson, WCS, Oubre, Lyles, and Trez. I know Looney is going somewhere up there too, but I just don't see it working for him. FWIW I find DX to be slow in their movements. I enjoy their content, but as far as their lists go they are too conservative for me. They only move if something goes public it seems-injury/arrest/team making comment about player, etc.

Just for grins, who were the 6 that Ford had ahead of Winslow in Jan? Aside from top 4

He was one of the most recruited players in the country who chose duke, a mcd all american, and had a season full of high scoring games. Maybe he just started higher on my list. He did lay a bomb against Wisconsin earlier in the season though...

Tier two for me is Winslow, Hez, Porz. Tier 3 is Kaminsky, Johnson, WCS, Oubre, Lyles, and Trez. I know Looney is going somewhere up there too, but I just don't see it working for him. FWIW I find DX to be slow in their movements. I enjoy their content, but as far as their lists go they are too conservative for me. They only move if something goes public it seems-injury/arrest/team making comment about player, etc.

Just for grins, who were the 6 that Ford had ahead of Winslow in Jan? Aside from top 4

Kevon Looney (who in the early season was terrific but fell off later in the season), DeAngelo Russell,WCS, Myles Turner, Kelly Oubre and Stanley Johnson. Honestly this draft has a lot of wings/forwards in the middle to late lottery and Winslow got lost in the shuffle earlier in the year before he finished very strong.

Kevon Looney (who in the early season was terrific but fell off later in the season), DeAngelo Russell,WCS, Myles Turner, Kelly Oubre and Stanley Johnson. Honestly this draft has a lot of wings/forwards in the middle to late lottery and Winslow got lost in the shuffle earlier in the year before he finished very strong.

Yup. For reference, here's Winslow's ranking history though I can't view it on my phone

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justise-Winslow-7190/mock-draft-history/

With the emergence of Winslow (if were calling it that, assuming people are just now recognizing the kids talent) I think it just solidifies the Magic are fine if we pick at 5. That means we are guaranteed one of Towns, Russell, Okafor, Mudiay, Winslow. I think that is what the top 5 is shaking up to look like, but not to say we couldn't still take someone like Mario, Johnson or Porzingis just saying I think those are going to be the "consensus" top 5 as the draft approaches.

Winslow jumped up a lot for me in this game. I'll be very interested to watch the Valentine/Winslow match up if that is what happens. Valentine did a very good job today on Blackshear for Louisville.