CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Heyyyyyyy....No fair !....How come 4thewin can say it and nobody gets upset.......? (lol)

Because it's more reasonable to think that "Exum will be good but he's not playing all that great just like Gordon will be good but he's not playing all that great."

Than

"I wanted (not Gordon) so let me disparage Gordon as much as possible so that if Gordon fails I look like a genius and if Gordon does well, everyone will be happy and not remember my prediction."

I was on the Exum bandwagon since early last year. If I do an about face now just because we didn't draft him, what does that say about my opinions going forward?

This just so happens to be a draft where I loved about 15 players (depending on where they were drafted). I loved wiggins and Parker. I loved Exum. I loved Randle (because his floor is high but his ceiling isn't as high as other players).

I loved Gordon (but expected that he would get drafted by a better team that could afford to bring him along slowly. He's always been a high end role player with the chance to be something special if he develops over 4 years but if he doesn't you still have a high end role player. Like prime Shane Battier, who, if you remember, was an elite defender who coaches love and always made the right play.)

I loved Payton. I loved Smart (where we drafted Payton. Not anywhere near the #4 pick). I loved Gary Harris. I loved Payne. And a few other guys.

Next year I like Stanley Johnson, Justice Winslow, and many of the 47 different centers in next years draft.

Because it's more reasonable to think that "Exum will be good but he's not playing all that great just like Gordon will be good but he's not playing all that great."

Than

"I wanted (not Gordon) so let me disparage Gordon as much as possible so that if Gordon fails I look like a genius and if Gordon does well, everyone will be happy and not remember my prediction."

I was on the Exum bandwagon since early last year. If I do an about face now just because we didn't draft him, what does that say about my opinions going forward?

This just so happens to be a draft where I loved about 15 players (depending on where they were drafted). I loved wiggins and Parker. I loved Exum. I loved Randle (because his floor is high but his ceiling isn't as high as other players).

I loved Gordon (but expected that he would get drafted by a better team that could afford to bring him along slowly. He's always been a high end role player with the chance to be something special if he develops over 4 years but if he doesn't you still have a high end role player. Like prime Shane Battier, who, if you remember, was an elite defender who coaches love and always made the right play.)

I loved Payton. I loved Smart (where we drafted Payton. Not anywhere near the #4 pick). I loved Gary Harris. I loved Payne. And a few other guys.

Next year I like Stanley Johnson, Justice Winslow, and many of the 47 different centers in next years draft.

Is it too early to start a 2015 draft thread? haha

Heyyyyyyy....No fair !....How come 4thewin can say it and nobody gets upset.......? (lol)

Because you never were pro-Exum until we passed on him and now you'll post just about anything to support your new position, including inflated grades after unimpressive performances.

• Upvote 1

Also, for conversation purposes....I've seen many people critical of Henny over the pick of the "Professor"....For the guys that followed the draft closely that year (not me) if you had it to do over who or whom would have been a better selection for our team ???

I liked Jeff Taylor because he fit that jimmy butler 4 year guy who can score.

Nicholson, Jenkins, Quincy miller, Perry Jones.

That was pretty much my group. Happy we drafted Nicholson but didn't expect too much out of whoever we got.

I liked Jeff Taylor because he fit that jimmy butler 4 year guy who can score.

Nicholson, Jenkins, Quincy miller, Perry Jones.

That was pretty much my group. Happy we drafted Nicholson but didn't expect too much out of whoever we got.

I regret us not taking Fournier when we had the chance, that way we could have moved Afflalo for a different asset and still have Fournier. Also Miles Plumlee is another guy I would have liked to see over Nicholson, so I can't give Hennigan too much credit for that pick.

• Upvote 1

I loved Exum and Vonleh and Gordon at 4 so I'm fine with it.

Wanted Wiggins or Parker the most, but once the Magic could not get a trade they liked, I resigned myself to pick 4.

I have seen people complain and say they'd rather have Exum and TJ Warren or Exum and Payne.

IMO both of those players pale in comparison to the potential that Gordon brings to the table, and Payton is a better fit for the style of aggressive defense the Magic want to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXS_MqcABh4

Seth Curry just keeps doing it. I really hope he finds his way to Orlando.

Yeah he's scoring points(as expected) but he's also handeling the ball well and making some nice passes. Heck he's even playing D. I don't see why the Magic haven't already offered this kid a deal.

I regret us not taking Fournier when we had the chance, that way we could have moved Afflalo for a different asset and still have Fournier. Also Miles Plumlee is another guy I would have liked to see over Nicholson, so I can't give Hennigan too much credit for that pick.

The Magic didn't need another SG at that time. They needed a big. So that is what Rob picked.

You don't realize how good Nicholson was in college. He torched an FSU team that was one of the best defensive teams in the nation. He put a program on his back and got them into the tournament. He almost had a triple double with 26 pts 14 Rebs and 8 blocks in the conference championship against Xavier.

The Nicholson pick was a good one. He's just not a fit here.

I still think Nicholson will have a solid career. Will it be here? Maybe, maybe not. One thing I did note is that Channing mentioned him along with Oladipo, Payton, Harris and Vuc when discussing who his game would impact so perhaps we might see a return to Nich in the post with Channing at the 5 for some stretches.