CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

My bad, I thought we were debating basketball skills, not mental disorders.

When you get told to stay away from the team during the peak of your career that's an issue.

Kevin Love has a higher career PER than John Stockton, and his PER is only 1 point lower than Magic Johnson's.

PER has value and is useful in comparing people to their contemporaries, but like any other statistic, it's important to understand what it attempts to do and what its limitations are.

When you get told to stay away from the team during the peak of your career that's an issue.

That's completely irrelevant to my original post that stated Marion was the beneficiary of some good point guard play from Kidd, Starbury, and Nash. The off court issues happened later in his career.

Kevin Love has a higher career PER than John Stockton, and his PER is only 1 point lower than Magic Johnson's.

PER has value and is useful in comparing people to their contemporaries, but like any other statistic, it's important to understand what it attempts to do and what its limitations are.

I agree with that, which is why I compared Kidd with Starbury.

That's completely irrelevant to my original post that stated Marion was the beneficiary of some good point guard play from Kidd, Starbury, and Nash. The off court issues happened later in his career.

Karl Malone was the beneficiary of good point guard play. Is he not a star? What about Blake Griffin? Dirk has played with Steve Nash and Kidd as well is he not a star?

There are plenty of players who played with Nash who didn't put up 20 and 10 with a couple of assists, a steal and a block a game but Marion does and he's just a product of his pg?

I don't get it.

Ah. I thought you were trying to say Marbury was better than Kidd.

Back on topic: good point guard play doesn't spontaneously turn a player into an Allstar.

Karl Malone was the beneficiary of good point guard play. Is he not a star? What about Blake Griffin? Dirk has played with Steve Nash and Kidd as well is he not a star?

There are plenty of players who played with Nash who didn't put up 20 and 10 with a couple of assists, a steal and a block a game but Marion does and he's just a product of his pg?

I don't get it.

wowzerz. karl malone would not be my point of focus in this debate if I were you my friend.