Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Embiid at #4.....Would You ???

What will Henny do ???  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If Parker, Wiggins & Exum are all off the board when the Magic pick at #4 would you select Embiid ???

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. If these are the players on the board when the Magic at #4 whom would you pick ???

• Randle
    • Vonleh
    • Smart
    • Gordon
    • Other
  3. 3. If Exum and Embiid are both on the board at #4 whom would you pick ???

• Exum
    • Embiid

Changed my vote on Embiid to no and the balance has officially shifted to the "no" side. I want it to work, but there's just too much "stuff" now (which is exactly what Embiid's agent and LA/Boston wanted to happen ironically enough).

Deven (New York, NY)

If you were a GM, would you draft Embiid as a lottery pick or late lottery pick?

Jeff Goodman (2:09 PM)

I would take Embiid somewhere around the 4-6 range.

Acres talked everybody into changing their vote.....Dude should have been a lawyer, lol....I ain't changing mine !!!...I voted yes.

Acres had nothing to do with it. I want to be able to have the confidence that we should draft Embiid but I simply don't anymore. If anything it was these leaked reports, likely coming from Embiid's camp, but there's just too many red flags now.

Acres had nothing to do with it. I want to be able to have the confidence that we should draft Embiid but I simply don't anymore. If anything it was these leaked reports, likely coming from Embiid's camp, but there's just too many red flags now.

LOL.....Seriously though.....How do you know what is true and what isn't ????....You don't....Nobody does !....

LOL.....Seriously though.....How do you know what is true and what isn't ????....You don't....Nobody does !....

I don't...I admit it...lol, but there's just too much crap for me at this point and there's no way Henny is going to gamble here.

I considered voting yes on Embiid at 4, but I had forgotten about the knee issue. Now maybe the back was a result of the knee, or vice versa, but who knows. I would definitely want a doctor I really trusted to review his medical records with a fine-tooth comb before I considered drafting him now. Without a definitive medical clearance from my own guy, I would have to pass on him. Three injuries in one year doesn't bode well for long-term production. I might do a draft and trade if I got a good enough offer though!

Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix talked to Dr. Kenneth Hunt, a professor of orthopedics at Stanford, about Embiid’s foot.

“The majority of these injuries will heal completely,” Hunt told SI. “Getting to it early is a good prognostic sign. In this case it appears it was treated early and appropriately.”

So the most talented guy in this draft, a 20-year-old 7-footer who could be the next Hakeem Olajuwon, is sitting there at No. 6 and you don’t take him because . . . Sam Bowie? Greg Oden? Does that make any sense? Or is that just playing scared?

Ainge never played scared when he was in uniform, and doesn’t generally play scared now. He knows some players have struggled with foot fractures while others have bounced back nicely. In fact, he played against one guy who recovered quite well from a stress fracture of the navicular bone. The guy broke his foot in October 1985. Six months later, he put up 63 on Ainge and the Celtics in a playoff game at the Boston Garden.

No one is saying Joel Embiid is Michael Jordan, but maybe he’s not Sam Bowie either. Maybe he’s just the best player in this draft.

It is a chance worth taking, and Danny Ainge is just the guy to take it.

http://bostonherald....eltics_take_him

Do we know that it is true that he has had 3 stress fractures in 4 years of playing ball? That is the only thing I know for sure and that is the only thing that can't be twisted by anyone involved in this whole thing.

How many of you would trade #4 for Broken Foot Lopez?

So why would you pick someone with great potential to be the same type of player. He may give someone some great games every season but I'll bet he sits out more than he plays.

I said no, Smart, Exum.

1st we need our point guard of the future more than we need anything else (unless we can get Wiggins or Parker)

2nd we need a PF that can cover Vuc's deficiencies on but can also spread the floor on O : D

3rd we need to sit down with AA and see if him staying and re-signing is an option

4th we need to develop our own shooters

This was posted this morning but I'm bringing it back...Jay Bilas:

While there is risk with Embiid, the injury is not one that gives pause to any of the orthopedic surgeons I have spoken to about it. If properly corrected, the injury is not expected to be a big deal long-term. If Embiid's back and foot check out, there seems little reason not to take the Jayhawks big man who screams Hakeem Olajuwon potential. If he falls, it will be a windfall for any team that has the chance to draft him. This draft has good talent and capable players throughout the first round, and several players in the second round who can and will make rosters and have long and very good NBA careers. Thursday night should be a lot of fun, as long as everybody leaves all Big Boards at home.

1. Joel Embiid, C, Kansas

Embiid just oozes potential, and when compared to Hakeem Olajuwon as a freshman at Houston, Embiid compares favorably. Long, athletic and skilled, Embiid has great hands and feet, and is a solid rim protector and rebounder. Each time you see him, he has added something new to his game, and despite the evolution of the game, he is still valuable as a true center in the NBA. Unless a team of doctors tells me not to, I'd still take Embiid No. 1 overall. If healthy, he will be special.

Also, ESPN The Mag and the ESPN Insiders teamed up to make this page....It is really cool....I think it's free to everyone....Has us drafting Embiid.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11057878/andrew-wiggins-dante-exum-top-mock-nba-front-office-draft-espn-magazine

Lastly, I wanted Henny to draft Noel last year...He is healthy now....I'm on record as saying I think that decision is gonna turn out as the wrong one because I think Noel has that much talent.

If he passes on Embiid that would make it 2 years in a row...If both players turn out for the best poor Henny is gonna have some splaining to do Lucy...

This was posted this morning but I'm bringing it back...Jay Bilas:

While there is risk with Embiid, the injury is not one that gives pause to any of the orthopedic surgeons I have spoken to about it. If properly corrected, the injury is not expected to be a big deal long-term. If Embiid's back and foot check out, there seems little reason not to take the Jayhawks big man who screams Hakeem Olajuwon potential. If he falls, it will be a windfall for any team that has the chance to draft him. This draft has good talent and capable players throughout the first round, and several players in the second round who can and will make rosters and have long and very good NBA careers. Thursday night should be a lot of fun, as long as everybody leaves all Big Boards at home.

1. Joel Embiid, C, Kansas

Embiid just oozes potential, and when compared to Hakeem Olajuwon as a freshman at Houston, Embiid compares favorably. Long, athletic and skilled, Embiid has great hands and feet, and is a solid rim protector and rebounder. Each time you see him, he has added something new to his game, and despite the evolution of the game, he is still valuable as a true center in the NBA. Unless a team of doctors tells me not to, I'd still take Embiid No. 1 overall. If healthy, he will be special.

Also, ESPN The Mag and the ESPN Insiders teamed up to make this page....It is really cool....I think it's free to everyone....Has us drafting Embiid.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11057878/andrew-wiggins-dante-exum-top-mock-nba-front-office-draft-espn-magazine

Lastly, I wanted Henny to draft Noel last year...He is healthy now....I'm on record as saying I think that decision is gonna turn out as the wrong one because I think Noel has that much talent.

If he passes on Embiid that would make it 2 years in a row...If both players turn out for the best poor Henny is gonna have some splaining to do Lucy...

Because he passed on a bad gamble? Even if Embiid becomes Godzilla it is still a bad gamble and would be idiotic to fault Rob for passing on it. Look at the flip side, would people call it a great idea if they pick him and he manages to play 30-50 games a year while we are stuck as a first round out every year while waiting on him to finally get healthy??