Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Poll: Who would you want at #4?

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think would be the best pick for #4? This assumes we are essentially drafting #1...so Wiggins, Parker, Embiid and Exum are all in the picture.

• Embiid
    • Parker
    • Exum
    • Wiggins

I'm in agreement. All the other players at least have something to generally contribute. From what I've been reading, Wiggins is quite a raw project, similar to an athletic big man. Ceiling is high, but he is currently lower in terms of talent and impact right now than any of the other 3.

Wiggins will be a defensive player, day one. Everything else is a project.

What are our main needs?

The obvious need is point guard, and Exum has the skill set and ability to become a very good player. Pairing Exum with Oladipo could potentially give us an excellent back court going forwards. However, there are options that should be on the board at #12 that could be considered like Tyler Ennis and Elfrid Payton. I guess even Marcus Smart can come into the equation at #4. Whichever way we go, we should aim to find our future point guard in the draft.

Another need for this team is a go-to scorer. Someone like Parker or Wiggins could certainly fill that void. If either guy falls to #4, then we have been very lucky and should pull the trigger and draft them. Both guys have all star potential. Parker should be able to go into the line up and average 20 PPG, and Wiggins could have the potential to be a decent contributor too. However, I am not convinced either guy will fall to us.

The other need is a big, athletic power forward. For me, an excellent option could be Vonleh. He's big, he's athletic, and he's got the potential to be a star. We already have our center for the future in Vucevic, and if we pair him with a big, athletic freak like Vonleh, then that could give us an excellent front court partnership for many years to come. Plus, by going for Vonleh, that frees up the option of taking a point guard at #12, and Ennis and Payton should both still be available at that time.

So who would I take at #4?

Exum or Vonleh.

Like I said above, Exum provides us with the chance to add an excellent prospect to pair with Oladipo. The athleticism and work ethic that those two guys possess would potentially give us two stars to help rebuild this team back into a contender. However, Vonleh is an impressive player in his own right. He gives us the size and athleticism to be an upgrade at the PF position, and he brings all star ability to the position that we currently don't have on the roster. This would allow us to move Harris back to SF to rotate with Harkless, and also, it would allow the team to draft its future PG at #12 like Ennis or Payton.

Both ways have their pros and cons. I do like the idea of Exum and Oladipo, but equally grabbing Vonleh for our front court is equally appealing.

What are our main needs?

The obvious need is point guard, and Exum has the skill set and ability to become a very good player. Pairing Exum with Oladipo could potentially give us an excellent back court going forwards. However, there are options that should be on the board at #12 that could be considered like Tyler Ennis and Elfrid Payton. I guess even Marcus Smart can come into the equation at #4. Whichever way we go, we should aim to find our future point guard in the draft.

Another need for this team is a go-to scorer. Someone like Parker or Wiggins could certainly fill that void. If either guy falls to #4, then we have been very lucky and should pull the trigger and draft them. Both guys have all star potential. Parker should be able to go into the line up and average 20 PPG, and Wiggins could have the potential to be a decent contributor too. However, I am not convinced either guy will fall to us.

The other need is a big, athletic power forward. For me, an excellent option could be Vonleh. He's big, he's athletic, and he's got the potential to be a star. We already have our center for the future in Vucevic, and if we pair him with a big, athletic freak like Vonleh, then that could give us an excellent front court partnership for many years to come. Plus, by going for Vonleh, that frees up the option of taking a point guard at #12, and Ennis and Payton should both still be available at that time.

So who would I take at #4?

Exum or Vonleh.

Like I said above, Exum provides us with the chance to add an excellent prospect to pair with Oladipo. The athleticism and work ethic that those two guys possess would potentially give us two stars to help rebuild this team back into a contender. However, Vonleh is an impressive player in his own right. He gives us the size and athleticism to be an upgrade at the PF position, and he brings all star ability to the position that we currently don't have on the roster. This would allow us to move Harris back to SF to rotate with Harkless, and also, it would allow the team to draft its future PG at #12 like Ennis or Payton.

Both ways have their pros and cons. I do like the idea of Exum and Oladipo, but equally grabbing Vonleh for our front court is equally appealing.

If the top 3 goes as planned I'd be happy with us getting Exum, Smart, or Vonleh at #4. IMO you can't go wrong with either one. If we went Exum or Smart at #4 I'd be more than happy with trading down 2-3 spots and to get Adrien Payne

If the top 3 goes as planned I'd be happy with us getting Exum, Smart, or Vonleh at #4. IMO you can't go wrong with either one. If we went Exum or Smart at #4 I'd be more than happy with trading down 2-3 spots and to get Adrien Payne

I did see us mocked Exum (#4) and Payne (#12) in a post-combine mock draft. I'm not sure Payne will go that high, but if we could grab another lottery pick, or a mid first round pick for Afflalo, then drafting Payne could be a decent option.

Exum, then trade AA to Sac for #8 (if they would do it) and get Vonleh or Randle, one of them will be there.

Exum+Randle would be a ridiculous draft but I don't know if Randle will be available so late. Maybe Gordon/Vonleh

Exum+Randle would be a ridiculous draft but I don't know if Randle will be available so late. Maybe Gordon/Vonleh

Randle could be there. There are reports that Vonleh's stock is soaring. I live in California and there's a bunch of local sports channel stations saying that the Kings' 8th pick is up for grabs. They have a pretty good team with Cousins, Gay, Thomas, and McLemore so they're looking for veteran help to try and compete for a playoff spot next season.

I'm with TreyTime though, maybe give them Afflao and Nicholson for #8 and then we could walk away with Randle/Gordon or maybe even Saric depending on what's going on with him.

Randle could be there. There are reports that Vonleh's stock is soaring. I live in California and there's a bunch of local sports channel stations saying that the Kings' 8th pick is up for grabs. They have a pretty good team with Cousins, Gay, Thomas, and McLemore so they're looking for veteran help to try and compete for a playoff spot next season.

I'm with TreyTime though, maybe give them Afflao and Nicholson for #8 and then we could walk away with Randle/Gordon or maybe even Saric depending on what's going on with him.

Afflalo and Nicholson for #8, no pick included?

I think that would be a good move for both teams. Afflalo would slot in nicely at SG for them, help improve their defense and give them a good scoring option. It could allow them to drop McLemore to sixth man. Would be nice if we could somehow swing a deal to acquire McLemore, but the Kings do seen to want to win now and perhaps follow the Bobcats type model of getting veterans to get them into the play offs.

For hs, if we end up with three first round picks and ended up with a haul like: Exum, Randle/Gordon, and Stauskas; or went with Vonleh, McDermott/Stauskas, Ennis/Payton - then we'd be in a pretty good position with a young talented roster.

An alternative could be to see if we could then package #8 and #12 to trade up further, perhaps with a team like Utah to allow us to grab Vonleh. Exiting the draft with Exum and Vonleh, or even Exum and Embiid (if he falls) could be a heck of a result for the team. A line like Exum, Oladipo, Harris, Vonleh, Vuc; or, Exum, Oladipo, Harris, Vuc, Embiid - could be a heck of a line up.

Afflalo and Nicholson for #8, no pick included?

I think that would be a good move for both teams. Afflalo would slot in nicely at SG for them, help improve their defense and give them a good scoring option. It could allow them to drop McLemore to sixth man. Would be nice if we could somehow swing a deal to acquire McLemore, but the Kings do seen to want to win now and perhaps follow the Bobcats type model of getting veterans to get them into the play offs.

For hs, if we end up with three first round picks and ended up with a haul like: Exum, Randle/Gordon, and Stauskas; or went with Vonleh, McDermott/Stauskas, Ennis/Payton - then we'd be in a pretty good position with a young talented roster.

An alternative could be to see if we could then package #8 and #12 to trade up further, perhaps with a team like Utah to allow us to grab Vonleh. Exiting the draft with Exum and Vonleh, or even Exum and Embiid (if he falls) could be a heck of a result for the team. A line like Exum, Oladipo, Harris, Vonleh, Vuc; or, Exum, Oladipo, Harris, Vuc, Embiid - could be a heck of a line up.

I'm I'm agreeance with pretty much all of this. If the Magic are willing to trade Afflao I hope it's for a pick in the top 10. I'd even be okay with trading him to Chicago for one of their first while also throwing in their 2014 second as well.

Anyone of these combinations would be fine with me:

This is all assuming if the projected top 3 are gone:

A: Picks 4,12, and 16

Vonleh, Young, and Payton

B: Picks 4, 12, and 16

Exum, Stauskas, and Payne

C: Picks, 4, 9, and 12

Smart, Gordon, and Young

D: Picks 4, 9, and 12

Exum, Gordon, Hood

If we could make a trade and get high enough to nab Randle, as well as draft Exum and Hood/Young I think I would poop myself with optimism for our future.

If we could make a trade and get high enough to nab Randle, as well as draft Exum and Hood/Young I think I would poop myself with optimism for our future.

Exum and Randle along with Hood or Young. Sign me up