Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2014 Playoffs Thread

How many upsets do y'all have in the first round? Washington and Brooklyn look strong. Memphis up on OKC. Pacers being terrible. Portland with double home court advantage. And Spurs lost a bad one to the Mavs.

It could be interesting to see who wins in each of these series. This is the best overall first round in a long time.

Washington over Chicago isn't really an upset, and neither is Portland over Houston(Houston's perimeter defense is some of the worst I've ever seen. This causes them to scramble on defense against any half competent team. Portland has exposed them beautifully, with LA being the main benefactor). Hell, I'm not surprised that Brooklyn is playing well against a young Toronto team. The Pacers, in spite of their weak finish to the season, would shock me losing to the lowly Hawks. And Memphis, while a solid team, has no business beating OKC. This is as crazy a first round as I can remember.

Washington over Chicago isn't really an upset, and neither is Portland over Houston(Houston's perimeter defense is some of the worst I've ever seen. This causes them to scramble on defense against any half competent team. Portland has exposed them beautifully, with LA being the main benefactor). Hell, I'm not surprised that Brooklyn is playing well against a young Toronto team. The Pacers, in spite of their weak finish to the season, would shock me losing to the lowly Hawks. And Memphis, while a solid team, has no business beating OKC. This is as crazy a first round as I can remember.

I'm considering a lower seed over a higher seed to be an upset. Washington, Brooklyn, and Atlanta all have legitimate shots at pulling it off in the East. In the West, Memphis, Portland, and Dallas all have shots. It's just crazy to me that so many lower seeds might actually be playing in the second round.

Houston vs Portland Game 3, Portland leads series 2-0. Rest assured that referee Joe Crawford will do his best to see that the Rockets win tonight.

Houston vs Portland Game 3, Portland leads series 2-0. Rest assured that referee Joe Crawford will do his best to see that the Rockets win tonight.

Yes. He's a true 'professional'. Any game called by Jeff Van Gundy is absolutely unbearable.

Mike Dunleavy dropping 35 makes me think I can play in the league. Call me a hater.

Told wifey if the Wizards let Mike Dunleavy drop 35 on them they deserved to lose that one. Still think Washington can win the series though.