Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: NETS @ MAGIC

I say we go 1-3 to finish the season while Boston goes 2-4.

:gold_cup:/>/>

That's what I think/hope will happen. Boston have 1 win coming their way anyway in the ultimate tank show down versus the 76ers. Unfortunately for the Celtics they have slightly fewer d league players than Philly.

Boston will only beat Philly; unlike us they are a truly bad team. We need to lose out and hope for a favorable draft pull to do this tanking thing right.

Boston will only beat Philly; unlike us they are a truly bad team. We need to lose out and hope for a favorable draft pull to do this tanking thing right.

Have you seen the tank Boston and the Lakers have going its impressive...NO WAY Boston WINS AT PHILLY....NO WAY!!!! Lakers/Utah game will be a barn burner of tanking. Someone has to win...I think. Needless to say that game may have a lot riding on it for our franchise. I can't believe Vaughn doesn't have the stones to wink wink Jameer on the foul line. This organization just continues to NOT GET IT!!!!

I say we go 1-3 to finish the season while Boston goes 2-4.

:gold_cup:/>/>

Boston only has 4 games left to go 2-4. Interesting version of the tank I would say. Boston isn't dumb...like some organizations, they're not winning. Yes they are truly bad but we might win 25 games this year. However you slice it we are also truly bad....embarrassingly bad. We are a couple decent players, a couple decent young's and a collection of 10th and 11th men on a championship team. Sorry just the facts and they hurt.

So we have the same record as Boston but somehow that means they got top 3 pick and we get pick 6?

Also Boston have the easier schedule to close out the season. They play both the Cavs (who as of tonight have nothing to play for) and the 76ers.

But no. There's no over reaction here.

You just go on believing. The only way we get the pick over Boston is if we are told that player will eventually join the Lakers.

So we have the same record as Boston but somehow that means they got top 3 pick and we get pick 6?

Also Boston have the easier schedule to close out the season. They play both the Cavs (who as of tonight have nothing to play for) and the 76ers.

But no. There's no over reaction here.

Boston is smart enough not to win though. The goal was to suck and have the best shot at a top 3 pick as possible, so in that sense I'd call it reaction rather than over reaction. If you're cool with the odds on fourth pick I'm happy for you bro.

Boston only has 4 games left to go 2-4. Interesting version of the tank I would say. Boston isn't dumb...like some organizations, they're not winning. Yes they are truly bad but we might win 25 games this year. However you slice it we are also truly bad....embarrassingly bad. We are a couple decent players, a couple decent young's and a collection of 10th and 11th men on a championship team. Sorry just the facts and they hurt.

*Typo I meant 2-2 or 2 out of 4.

I get the tanking supporters, but I don't support crapping on your team for winning. Some people are actually surprised this Magic team, most of whom have been learning to play together for the first time this season, are starting to click towards the end?

Clearly they haven't watched enough of our games. We've had a lot of close losses, we have veterans riding the pine, and we started a raw rookie center in Dedmon who might just be Vucci's backup next year if he can contribute like he did tonight.

The difference between us and Philly/Milwaukee is that we have a boatload of positives coming out of this tanking season besides just a lottey pick.

/Soapbox off...

Sure Boston has lost 14 of their last 15. The Lakers 11 of their last 14. Combined they have 4 wins in the last 29 games. We have as many than both teams combined in the last 7 games or so. There is no glory in being the 5th worst team in the league. This is a superstar league and the great guys are at the top not in the middle. Yes occasionally a Paul George slips through but you generally get a collection of Andrew Nicholsons and Reece Gaines instead of Paul Georges and we already have enough of that. The Lakers and Celts get it and thats why they are a combined 4 wins in 29 games.