MAGIC STARTERS

(Subject To Change)

hsrj.png

BOBCAT STARTERS

gsze.png

MAGIC - BOBCATS PREVIEW

ESPN GO.com

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Bobcats were a combined 28-120 in (Kimba) Walker's first two NBA seasons, but things have changed for the better this year. Charlotte (35-37) has the seventh-best record in the Eastern Conference and appears destined for the postseason, sitting five games ahead of ninth-place New York with 10 remaining.

"It's exciting. It's different," Walker said Thursday as the Bobcats prepared for Friday night's visit to Orlando. "This is what I have been dreaming of my whole life. I've been waiting for this opportunity."

Charlotte's turnaround is in no small part due to the arrival of free agent center Al Jefferson and the improved play of Walker, who said he's beginning to realize how valuable he can be on the court even if he's not the team's leading scorer.

He's averaging 5.8 assists, but the difference has been in the last 13 games when Walker is averaging 7.5.

The Bobcats could be a tough out in the playoffs if they're able to move up in the standings and avoid a first-round showdown with Indiana or Miami. Like most teams, they simply match up better with Toronto and Chicago.

The Magic (20-52) held Jefferson and Walker to 10 points apiece in a 92-83 win in Charlotte on Dec. 11, but Jefferson scored 30 and grabbed 16 rebounds while Walker added 19 points and 10 assists in a 111-101 road victory Jan. 17.

Orlando enters this matchup after snapping a nine-game losing streak with a 95-85 victory over visiting Portland on Tuesday to match last season's win total with 10 games remaining.

"Have not mentioned one time what our record is to the team," coach Jacque Vaughn said. "What I do mention to those guys, and (will) when we practice on Thursday, is let's come to work and get better. That's how we'll continue to judge each other and continue to push each other."

LINK:__http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=400489948

hdbd.png

Orlando Sentinel

Josh Robins

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Nik Vucevic and Victor Oladipo say they're developing chemistry on the court

Victor Oladipo and Nik Vucevic set the tone for the Orlando Magic's 95-85 win Tuesday night over the Portland Trail Blazers on the game's opening possession.

Oladipo drove toward the interior of the defense and passed the ball to Vucevic, who scored on a layup. In all, Vucevic scored four of his 10 baskets off assists by Oladipo.

Both players said they've finally developed a chemistry for each other's games.

"Early in the year, we couldn't really get it together as far as pick-and-rolls and stuff like that, which is normal," Vucevic said. "It's our first year playing together, and I just told him, 'Last year, I had the same issue with Jameer [Nelson] and J.J. [Redick]. It took some time to learn each other, how we move, and [Oladipo is] a little faster than me.

"It just takes time, a lot of practice, a lot of work. I think now we have a pretty good chemistry pick-and-roll-wise when he drives . . . . So it's great. I think it'll be huge for us in the future."

So far this season, no one has assisted on more of Vucevic's baskets than Nelson has.

Nelson has recorded 71 assists on Vucevic baskets, according to the NBA's official statistics database. Arron Afflalo has assisted on 45 of Vucevic's baskets, and Oladipo's assist total to Vucevic now also is up to 45.

Oladipo agreed with Vucevic that they had trouble running pick-and-rolls earlier in the season.

"You guys should've seen us," Oladipo told reporters. "Even in practice, on pocket passes and pick-and-rolls we just could not read each other.

"It could even get better now. I'm just going to continue to build the chemistry, not only with him but all these guys and learning their favorite spots on the floor, where they like the ball and just studying film."

Win total tied

With their win, the Magic improved their record to 20-52 with 10 games remaining.

They finished last season 20-62.

LINK: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-news-0327-20140326,0,1072546.story

Can't remember the last time Nicholson made one of those ugly hook-shots. Been meaning to post this for about two weeks now. They are only slightly less ugly when they go in for the record.

Etwuan Moore might be the worst fast break player ever.

I don't know what Jacque said at half time but these guys have been going hard all half.