Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Castaway

Howard has moved on, but have Magic fans done so as well?

The way I see it, the organization has had these videos for everyone who was even remotely a part of the Magic, even guys like Gustavo Ayon and Josh McRoberts (the only exception is Beno Udrih for some reason). If they didn't do one for a guy who played 8 years here, won multiple DPOY awards, led us to the finals, how bad would that make the organization look?

I still really hate Dwight, but the Magic would just look petty and stupid if they didn't make a tribute video like they've done for everyone else.

The way I see it, the organization has had these videos for everyone who was even remotely a part of the Magic, even guys like Gustavo Ayon and Josh McRoberts (the only exception is Beno Udrih for some reason). If they didn't do one for a guy who played 8 years here, won multiple DPOY awards, led us to the finals, how bad would that make the organization look?

I still really hate Dwight, but the Magic would just look petty and stupid if they didn't make a tribute video like they've done for everyone else.

Wait. Are you saying the organization has and shows tribute videos for McBob and Ayon when they come to Orlando? I haven't been to a game this year, but is this accurate? Do Earl Clark and Duhon each have one as well? If so I'm cool with Dwight having one, especially since it only incited more booing anyways

Wait. Are you saying the organization has and shows tribute videos for McBob and Ayon when they come to Orlando? I haven't been to a game this year, but is this accurate? Do Earl Clark and Duhon each have one as well? If so I'm cool with Dwight having one, especially since it only incited more booing anyways

This year is the 25th anniversary season, so yeah they've been doing it throughout this season. Duhon isn't in the NBA so he didn't get one lol. Almost positive Earl Clark got one. Heck, our old athletic trainer Joe Rogoski got one last night too.

This year is the 25th anniversary season, so yeah they've been doing it throughout this season. Duhon isn't in the NBA so he didn't get one lol. Almost positive Earl Clark got one. Heck, our old athletic trainer Joe Rogoski got one last night too.

This makes me feel much better about the whole thing as it bothered me we were going out of our way to acknowledge Dwight. I didn't realize we were "celebrating" anyone who ever put on a Magic uniform, or stretched a Magic player out.

This makes me feel much better about the whole thing as it bothered me we were going out of our way to acknowledge Dwight. I didn't realize we were "celebrating" anyone who ever put on a Magic uniform, or stretched a Magic player out.

Next up Shawn Kemp...lol

Next up Shawn Kemp...lol

If Shawn Kemp suits up for an NBA team and gets on the court at some point during the rest of this season, that man DESERVES a video tribute! lol

Wow... Your confused.

Your only response to his very valid points is a condescending one-liner? I don't know if I should congratulate you for you internet debate skills or roll my eyes.

Your only response to his very valid points is a condescending one-liner? I don't know if I should congratulate you for you internet debate skills or roll my eyes.

I rolled my eyes, becuase the last paragraph is something a non fan says... and he didn't respond to the conspiracy either.. Which if he were around during that time, would of had a lot to say... but it seems like he wasn't. If he was here posting since 2006 to live Dwight, then he would get more.

Since he hasn't a one liner is all he gets.... Lucky I didn't put a cat lol

I rolled my eyes, becuase the last paragraph is something a non fan says... and he didn't respond to the conspiracy either.. Which if he were around during that time, would of had a lot to say... but it seems like he wasn't. If he was here posting since 2006 to live Dwight, then he would get more.

Since he hasn't a one liner is all he gets.... Lucky I didn't put a cat lol

Actually, he had some good points, and your condescension was not warranted, nor did it do anything to discount what he said or improve your own position. It was a cop out.

It's not like the entire basketball community was screaming that Okafor, it was basically a decision between polish and potential.

ESPN Write Up

Pre Draft Bobcats Interview Notes

It's silly to think that Orlando made Dwight. Sure, he blossomed here, but do you honestly think that wouldn't have happened wherever he went? Do you thin Orlando is the premier franchise in terms of grooming young talent? I certainly do not.

The hype around this team, playing for an NBA title, all helped with the deal to get a new arena, and Dwight was a big part of that success. You can be bitter and angry all you want at how things turned out, but won't change the things that happened prior, and the success surrounding this franchise during that period.

As far as your assertion that he didn't respond to your conspiracy theory, well, he admitted that Dwight took bad advice from his inner circle. That includes his agent. There is no real disagreement there, what else would you like him to say?

We do have a lot of fans that like to boo certain former players that left them feeling jilted. To some, it's the mark of an immature fan base, to others it's par for the course with professional sports. To each their own in that regard, but far be it from me to be so dismissive of another's point of view because I don't see eye to eye with them on this point.

Whether or not we agree with how Dwight handled his situation the last roster he played with was a mess. A lot of that is on Otis. Arenas, ***** Richardson, Hedo, etc, etc. He would have left anyway. I have no doubt in my mind that if the team had a Paul or Harden type player he would still be here. He might have been a complete "richard" but he was just trying to upgrade his basketball position.

So give him a video. Who cares. I also think he should have his jersey retired but I am probably in the minority on that as well. This team was wildly successful in his time here. Probably the biggest stretch of sustained success we have ever had as a franchise. So give him his due.

Edited by Captain Hi-Top
C"mon Drain-O! lol

Whether or not we agree with how Dwight handled his situation the last roster he played with was a mess. A lot of that is on Otis. Arenas, ***** Richardson, Hedo, etc, etc. He would have left anyway. I have no doubt in my mind that if the team had a Paul or Harden type player he would still be here. He might have been a complete "richard" but he was just trying to upgrade his basketball position.

So give him a video. Who cares. I also think he should have his jersey retired but I am definitely in the minority on that as well. This team was wildly successful in his time here. Probably the biggest stretch of sustained success we have ever had as a franchise. So give him his due.

Fixed