Sign in to follow this  
Janders

Glen Big Baby Davis Appreciation Thread

Glen is going to sign with the Clippers, weird, JJ Redick and Glen Davis signs with the Clippers after being waived....

Close, but we traded JJ to the Bucks and he left there as a FA.

So JJ, Hedo, and Shamu is part of the Clips. Orlando Magic will the LA Clips player farm soon.

I would say for players that can no longer play but JJ is still a pretty darn good player.

and Matt Barnes, who scored 24 today against the Thunder, while snatching 7 rebounds ...

forgot about him. Only I remembered from him was the fight between him and kobe.

anyways

I found a funny article about Big Baby with Garnett's reaction.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/garnett-big-baby%E2%80%99s-not-my-f%E2%80%94%E2%80%93g-valentine?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

That's actually good news, since if he took an 8m upfront to go away this year, there's not a CAP penalty for next year. So we just saved 6.6m for next year's CAP at instant speed, which is pretty great.

not true

In all other cases (i.e., when the contract or extension was not signed under the current CBA, or when the team elects not to spread-out the cap hit per the Stretch provision), the player's remaining guaranteed salary is included in team salary in the remaining years of the contract, ignoring any revisions to the payment schedule. For example, if a player who signed under the previous CBA is waived with two seasons remaining on his contract and the team & player negotiate a lump-sum payout of the remaining guaranteed salary, the player's salary continues to be included in team salary over the next two seasons.

http://www.cbafaq.co...larycap.htm#Q65

He always played his heart out, even if it wasn't always under control. I like BBD, but at the salary we were paying him...this allows us to finally break free of the financial debacle that was Otis's reign as GM.