Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Zach Lowe: Can Orlando Conjure a Superstar?

Yea great article by Zach. It seems that the Magic give up a lot of 3's as a result of the system which sucks but might become better when it's not Baby and Meer trying to contest the shots and we have longer and/or more athletic guys on the floor. It's nice to know that Vaughn doesn't want to play this type of offense for too long and that he's open to adapting his system rather than shoving square pegs in round holes.

Hopefully we can "conjure" that star player in this draft and start forming our identity.

We'll be back to 50 plus wins. This is a never ending time game. The Magic will not rot for half a decade similar to other organizations known completely for staying in the drought. From the perspective of the players, they know their limitations and acknowledge them with humility. Thus knowing their limitations, they'll improve rather than continuing with a delusion that they're perfect jump shooters JOSH SMITH.

Management is without a doubt unpredictable when it comes to transaction. Everyone but Victor Oladipo and Vucevic are untouchable. Oladipo is progressively becoming the face of this franchise. Lowe seems conflicted on the opinion that Aaron Afflalo will be traded as well as the message boards. Afflalo hasn't warranted anything to be traded but he's on a well negotiated contract and he's playing beyond his ceiling. Trading the likes of Vucevic leaves a huge hole in the Magic going forward. I don't see it happening. Free agency will be a disappointment...however

When Zach Lowe said this was a "no assholes" team, it seemed like it was an indirect insult to you know who.

When Zach Lowe said this was a "no assholes" team, it seemed like it was an indirect insult to you know who.

I actually took it as more of a comment of the Magic's family friendly and heavily religious culture. Dwight may have handled free agency terribly, immaturely, and above all, in-decisively. But he's not an ******* or a bad guy by any definition. His favorite movie was Finding Nemo for god-sakes.

There's plenty of much rougher characters around the NBA that Magic wouldn't go near no matter the talent. That's been true for a long time.

Yea great article by Zach. It seems that the Magic give up a lot of 3's as a result of the system which sucks but might become better when it's not Baby and Meer trying to contest the shots and we have longer and/or more athletic guys on the floor. It's nice to know that Vaughn doesn't want to play this type of offense for too long and that he's open to adapting his system rather than shoving square pegs in round holes.

Hopefully we can "conjure" that star player in this draft and start forming our identity.

We should get that James Johnson guy from Memphis. He can block 3s even when he's late to contest them.

And I also agree with ?4thewin, I had no idea we were so good defending the paint

Im very interested to see what happens to Vucevic. He looks talented although he seems to have regressed this year. Does Henny really want to back up the brinks truck with him being a free agent soon. He may be more valuable as an trade piece if he can't see paying him 12-14 million a year in the near future.

I actually took it as more of a comment of the Magic's family friendly and heavily religious culture. Dwight may have handled free agency terribly, immaturely, and above all, in-decisively. But he's not an ******* or a bad guy by any definition. His favorite movie was Finding Nemo for god-sakes.

There's plenty of much rougher characters around the NBA that Magic wouldn't go near no matter the talent. That's been true for a long time.

I mean we have signed assholes but they were more so assholes on the court, i.e., Quentin Richardson, Matt Barnes. What i'm referring to are "headcase" type assholes like Stephen Jackson, Rafer Alston, Jamaal Tinsley, and even Damarcus Cousins. Have you already forgotten how much of a pain Dwight Howard was to this forum and his teammates?

The Finding Nemo example doesn't rule out anything. He's a grown ass man and should know positive character traits.

I mean we have signed assholes but they were more so assholes on the court, i.e., Quentin Richardson, Matt Barnes. What i'm referring to are "headcase" type assholes like Stephen Jackson, Rafer Alston, Jamaal Tinsley, and even Damarcus Cousins. Have you already forgotten how much of a pain Dwight Howard was to this forum and his teammates?

The Finding Nemo example doesn't rule out anything. He's a grown ass man and should know positive character traits.

Yeah I'll give you that in terms of Dwight. Certainly not easy to deal with.

I still think Lowe was referring to the Magic Devos Culture though.

Hitler's favorite movie genre was romantic comedy so I don't think movie preference accurately gauges one's personality.

And no, I didn't just make that up.

We'll be back to 50 plus wins. This is a never ending time game. The Magic will not rot for half a decade similar to other organizations known completely for staying in the drought. From the perspective of the players, they know their limitations and acknowledge them with humility. Thus knowing their limitations, they'll improve rather than continuing with a delusion that they're perfect jump shooters JOSH SMITH.

I can't stop laughing because I keep picturing Josh Smith reading this and spitting his favorite beverage of choice all over his monitor.

beavis-spitting.gif