Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Magic vs Hawks Game thread 1/22/14

That game was fun. The late 3rd early 4th was great with Harkless, Lamb and O Quinn playing well and Oladipo and Harris both had good games. Really can't wait for after the trade deadline when we get to (hopefully) see Oladipo with the ball in his hands at the end of the game.

Heart breaking? Insane to comment on the game?

Why have we been on a big slide ever since the end of December. I wonder what happened to spur that on? It couldn't be that losing one of the better rebounders in the league has a significantly negative impact on our ability to win games, could it? I mean, we weren't a playoff bound team to begin with, but we were competitive. Most of our losses were under 10 points and quite a few were closer than that. You take out our main source of rebounds and suddenly we struggle. Go figure. It must be time to panic! Let's point fingers, let's blame the coach, let's blame the players, let's ignore the reality of the situation and push our own unreasonable expectations on the team!

• Upvote 1

Heart breaking? Insane to comment on the game?

Why have we been on a big slide ever since the end of December. I wonder what happened to spur that on? It couldn't be that losing one of the better rebounders in the league has a significantly negative impact on our ability to win games, could it? I mean, we weren't a playoff bound team to begin with, but we were competitive. Most of our losses were under 10 points and quite a few were closer than that. You take out our main source of rebounds and suddenly we struggle. Go figure. It must be time to panic! Let's point fingers, let's blame the coach, let's blame the players, let's ignore the reality of the situation and push our own unreasonable expectations on the team!

Playing defense isnt unreasonable.. its actually part of the job criteria.

But no, we have players who give their opponents 2 feet of space.. as if they are not going to pull the trigger and drain a 3.

Seriously, play some freakin defense.... thats all im asking.... make your opponent work... too many times teams have simply blown by vet's and rooks.. We are deep into the season and we havent changed that tone since day 1.

Problem, Yes.

• Upvote 1

:svgsad:

You make Sad Stan sad. Especially when you completely ignore the entire point of our team "slide" coinciding exactly with the loss of our only true center and one of the top rebounders in the league.

:tongue:

Remember, the main story here is to lose..guys....I think we're getting too serious.

Win sometimes..lose many times. Next season..get a real center.