Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

The Orlando Magic don't have -- and won't have

-- team captains this season

In a change from recent seasons, no player on the 2013-14 Orlando Magic roster has been designated a team captain.

Coach Jacque Vaughn didn’t name anyone a captain for this season, and he said he has no plans to do so in future weeks.

My link

Thoughts!

This seems very logical. Someone in the forums mentioned that the Orlando Magic doesn't have an identity which is considered a gapping fact. We also have a mix of vets in newcomers. I don't feel there is a need for a captain if we're not plaining on winning. The coach should be the leader of the team but players should motivate one another. No one player should place the responsibility of winning and boosting the moral and zeal on his own. i believe Jacque Vaughn maybe trying to make a team of leaders rather than follorwers and a single leader. That's why our slogan is "We Will" for reference. Not one..but we.

On a team like this where vets could be traded at any time and with a lot of young guys I think it makes sense that there are no team captains. It means we won't be trading a team captain (which devalues the role) and it challenges some of the young players (mainly Oladipo I think) to lead without pressuring them(him) with a role that the veterans probably wouldn't accept anyway.

On a team like this where vets could be traded at any time and with a lot of young guys I think it makes sense that there are no team captains. It means we won't be trading a team captain (which devalues the role) and it challenges some of the young players (mainly Oladipo I think) to lead without pressuring them(him) with a role that the veterans probably wouldn't accept anyway.

This^. Reading between the lines I think this means every single player on our team is available for the right price. I mean how do you trade Jameer or Afflalo if they're designated team captains from a PR, or credibility standpoint?