Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

Not yet smile_creaturedance.gif.

I know I'm suggesting crazy things. Just trying to throw things out there to improve our Magic over the long haul.

Yeah. I think he had his best game in his career against us and I think that skews the perception of him. His ceiling is 2011 Jason Richardson.

Where are you getting 5 million? From what I gather it is more like 25 million we'd be saving: http://www.basketbal...tracts/ORL.html. I admit I could be wrong, but after this year, I believe we owe Meer 3 million, AA 15.6 million, and Baby 6.6 million.

Sorry, I should have clarified that it was around 5 mil of useless salary (next season, minus Thabeet). IMO the Nelson and Afflalo deals are of good value, hence the shedding of which should not count as a positive in a trade situation :)

PS Of course I like the second deal more, but I really hope that we could get more for Afflalo. That being said, improving our lottery pick by one or two positions might just be worth the value we lose here.

He isnt all that athletic and he cant create for himself. He benefits greatly from being the third or fourth option on the floor with Thompson and Curry.

Lol. No. Not at all.

Dude has a 38 inch no step vert.

He's putting up 14.3 ppg as a starter on high efficiency at 21 years old.

So either your definition of low ceiling is presently a solid nba starter who can play 3 positions, can shoot or play in the post, and has the build to potentially improve significantly as he's still extremely young, or you caught the second half of game 6 against the Spurs and decided to base you entire opinion of him on that performance.

lol no. not at all.

what matter is a guys standing vert if he doesnt exhibit that athleticism in games? I have watched Barnes from his UNC days. His deficiencies were most evident when, in his final season, Kendall Marshall went down and the team needed to rely on him to create and score and he just couldnt do it. Dude absolutely needs other players to play off of. This is all without mentioning that the guy just sometimes doesnt really try in games

You're describing about 440 of the 450 nba players. How is that low ceiling?

The trade of Allen to Boston for the 5th pick in 2007 makes me think of Henny, AA and our situation, though Allen was far more accomplished than AA. Still I expect something very similar from Henny using AA. (At least that's my hope!)

with our late ist rounder. it can happen. sonics did not have to give up a 1st rounder; so yes, I can see it happening.

lol no. not at all.

what matter is a guys standing vert if he doesnt exhibit that athleticism in games? I have watched Barnes from his UNC days. His deficiencies were most evident when, in his final season, Kendall Marshall went down and the team needed to rely on him to create and score and he just couldnt do it. Dude absolutely needs other players to play off of. This is all without mentioning that the guy just sometimes doesnt really try in games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1r6xtta-7g

Lol. No. Not at all.

Dude has a 38 inch no step vert.

He's putting up 14.3 ppg as a starter on high efficiency at 21 years old.

So either your definition of low ceiling is presently a solid nba starter who can play 3 positions, can shoot or play in the post, and has the build to potentially improve significantly as he's still extremely young, or you caught the second half of game 6 against the Spurs and decided to base you entire opinion of him on that performance.

I like barnes aswell. He is one of the best shooters in the league and is athletic. I see him as a 3d player, but at a high level. He reminds me a little of lewis. We could use a drop dead shooter at the 3.

I could foresee,

Nick

Harris

Barnes

Vic

Exum

Luol Deng is the type of player I could see Barnes developing into in the right situation etc. Not that I think we have much of a chance of acquiring him.

So three significant players on teams trying to make the playoffs went down yesterday:

Westbrook, Horford and Beal

Do your thang, Henny!!!