Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

So Terrence Ross scored 51 points last night (in a loss btw), 16-for-29 from the field, including 10 three-pointers (10-for-17).

He also went 9-for-10 from the charity stripe and added nine rebounds and one assist in 44 minutes.

Anyone know of any update on the whole Afflalo Ross trade rumors?

I'm not sure. I'd love to believe that but we've never been a big free agent landing team.

Those "big market" teams get most of them.

:shard:

What are your biggest (realistic) trade targets for the Magic???

For me, I'm looking at the following guys:

T. Ross

J. Lamb

A. Roberson

H. Barnes

O. Porter

Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill say hello too

Grant Hill was a big one, certainly, but a few teams in the running took a pass because they weren't sure his ankle was fully healed. It was originally supposed to be Hill and Duncan, but Dancan took a pass and went back to San Antonio.

Tracy was interesting, but we didn't know he was going to be the NBA scoring leader.

For 'Shard, and I love the guy since he got his start out here in Seattle, he may have gotten the biggest contract, but he wasn't exactly a top-five player even then. 'Shard was an awesome stretch-4, but hardly the best player in the league, as his salary suggested.

Just because we PAY people top dollar doesn't necessarily mean they're WORTH it.

For as long as it's been around, the Magic have been kind of a "development team" for great players. "Come here! Learn how to play! Have growing pains! Go play for the Lakers!"

Hoping that dynamic has changed under Henny, but he also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that builds teams like the Lakers or Miami: signing their way to a championship.

What are your biggest (realistic) trade targets for the Magic???

For me, I'm looking at the following guys:

T. Ross

J. Lamb

A. Roberson

H. Barnes

O. Porter

Ed Davis via free agency. We could use him

Isn't LeBron rumored to be wanting to check out of Miami? What would be the chances of getting him?*

At a guess, I'd say he heads back to Cleveland, but...

eh - that's probably it, actually.

*in the OFF SEASON, NOT as part of a trade

I'd say the only way Lebron leaves Miami is if they don't win the ship again this year, even then its slim odds, especially since Cleveland are so utterly bad at putting a team together.

I'd say the only way Lebron leaves Miami is if they don't win the ship again this year, even then its slim odds, especially since Cleveland are so utterly bad at putting a team together.

If they don't win the title and if Wade looks 45 years old.

If he goes to Cleveland and plays close to Kyrie they might build a championship contender within 1 or 2 years. Everyone wants to play with LeBron, just look at the free agents Miami gets.

pheonix is rumored to want an all star level talent at the deadline. id give em affalo and nelson for okafor and two 1sts.

as much as i hate bronbron, this would leave us with $30 mil committed, more than enuf room for him to jump on board (and resign harris/vuc)

dipo

wiggins

bron

harris

vuc