Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

MIL @ ORL game thread 11/13

The one place the Magic don't need to be at it that .500 area (4-5). I'm ok with winning just the same as tanking but it needs to be consistent. Is anyone else pleasantly surprised with how the team is playing so far this year? No doubt, it is too early to say one way or the other either way; the good news is the pieces are in place to trade down the 14' draft with multiple picks. Just the same, expect that much more opportunity for more than usual player movement with so many other teams trying to do the same thing.

Uh-oh, guys? This could be the worst possible situation: we're a mediocre team.

It would be worse if we were mediocre with no cap room/assets, assuming we are mediocre by the end of the season, and that's assuming a lot.

It would be worse if we were mediocre with no cap room/assets, assuming we are mediocre by the end of the season, and that's assuming a lot.

Point.

I was mostly being facetious; as I've said a few times, I fully expect us to start this season "strong" and then come crashing back to earth some time around the All Star break. If we finish at .500, I'll be very surprised.

Still, I'd rather finish in the bottom 5 teams than hit that 50/50 mark. We have a lot of picks in this draft, but being high lottery would be awesome. More awesome than jusssssssst missing the playoffs.

Point.

I was mostly being facetious; as I've said a few times, I fully expect us to start this season "strong" and then come crashing back to earth some time around the All Star break. If we finish at .500, I'll be very surprised.

Still, I'd rather finish in the bottom 5 teams than hit that 50/50 mark. We have a lot of picks in this draft, but being high lottery would be awesome. More awesome than jusssssssst missing the playoffs.

I completely agree,