Sign in to follow this  
Janders

2013 - 2014 Never-Ending Game Thread

Victor often dribbles recklessly into the lane and tries to get to the rim ... only to be easily blocked by the two defenders protecting the rim. While I know we all want him to become the next Westbrook, I don't see the same level of quickness or athleticism. If he wants to charge the rim, he needs to learn a little floater.

Watching this first half, the Magic look MISERABLE.

Victor Oladipo looks terrible. He's thinking too much and his confidence seems to be diminishing. He has been unable to finish at the rim so his blocked attempts may as well be turnovers since those are mounting as well.

As a team, they appear sluggish; sort of apathetic as if they do not want to compete tonight.

The Phoenix offense is very fast paced. They seem to shoot on their first or second pass when crossing half court. That will unfortunately be their demise if they intend to try and compete for a championship at that pace. History will repeat itself for them. The Pace slows in the post season.

Watching this first half, the Magic look MISERABLE.

Victor Oladipo looks terrible. He's thinking too much and his confidence seems to be diminishing. He has been unable to finish at the rim so his blocked attempts may as well be turnovers since those are mounting as well.

Agree. Honestly, I think right now we have a confused agenda ... which is creating a mess. We have vets in Jameer, Affalo and Baby that we're obviously showcasing as trade bait ... and then we have several young guys that are raw and taking their lumps. Specifically, Oladipo looks lost and like he's pressing. Meanwhile, last year we had Harkless starting at SG .. and now we're starting him at PF. I can't wait to trade a vet or two and truly give the young guns room to develop.

Victor Oladipo looks terrible... He has been unable to finish at the rim so his blocked attempts may as well be turnovers since those are mounting as well.

I have now counted four lost/blocked shots at the rim ... and I'm not fully watching the game.

I agree on the emphasis of Victor developing a floater. I have yet to see him take one so its probably not part of his game. I would dramatically help his development if he and his teammates considered this.

I have now counted four lost/blocked shots at the rim ... and I'm not fully watching the game.

Still waiting for that first explosive take and finish over someone. He needs to take it stronger and at least create some contact...the soft stuff has been a block party all year.

To say we're a young team with some pretty athletic players we're terrible at running a fast break. It usually ends up with one player taking it on his own and missing a pass to an open team mate.

EDIT: I also can't remember us ever throwing a lob.

Sometimes as a coach Vaughn needs to take control, set goals to Oladipo like limit turnovers or get more assists. Sounds childish but if you set a goal a game overall he may get better.