Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Thanks guys I step away from my computer for a couple of hours and I have 15 pages to go through... I'll be back with my opinions in 2 days

The question is what do you see about Derozan that makes him worth waiting for over signing a guy like Parsons? You're trying to tell me he's that much better of a player? Nonsense. .

Yes - His PER is over 18. He averaged over 22 points a game. YES he is that much better of a player. I'm amazed that anyone would even question that. It's not even close. How do you not know this?

And Junkie, your opinion machine Pelton has been wrong about - well everything so far. I think he is just upset that the Magic did not draft who he thought they should. In other words, he is not a guy that really is going to change anyone's mind with his opinion here. But I think you know that and just want to post things that fit along your opinion.

It is funny how you did not post anything that did not until you were called out on it and had to.

And Junkie, your opinion machine Pelton has been wrong about - well everything so far. I think he is just upset that the Magic did not draft who he thought they should. In other words, he is not a guy that really is going to change anyone's mind with his opinion here. But I think you know that and just want to post things that fit along your opinion.

It is funny how you did not post anything that did not until you were called out on it and had to.

I'm starting to wonder if he's doing this in an overzealous attempt to defend his own ranking system.

I'm not familiar with any former posters here that went on to hold a significant position with an NBA front office.

Give me time my friend.

I'm starting to wonder if he's doing this in an overzealous attempt to defend his own ranking system.

I think that has to play into it. He is not very well known as a writer and these ranking systems that people come up with are usually not utilized by NBA GMs who have their own, plus film, plus a lot more basketball experience.

You're moving into Trey Time's territory I see.

lol... possibly. As soon as I can convince Micheal Jordan that I can draft better than him, I think I can have a shot at GM.

It shouldn't be that hard.

Anyone got an idea around some more possible signings for the Magic. I feel like we need a combo PF/C that weighs more than Dedmon.

Dedmon has put on some weight. Check him out in summer league.

It's not even close? Give me the guy with much better percentages and higher career averages in literally every single statistical category except for PPG, while also fouling and turning it over less. Having to share the ball with Dwight and Harden will knock your scoring numbers down a bit, who has Derozan been sharing the ball with?

Yes, since you asked about supporting casts - Derozan carried a young team with no stars into the playoffs last time I checked. His %s will be lower because he takes more shots. See, I can make the "share the ball" argument work against you as well.

So you would pay Parsons 12-15mm over 3-4 years instead of giving that to Derozan?

I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

lol... possibly. As soon as I can convince Micheal Jordan that I can draft better than him, I think I can have a shot at GM.

It shouldn't be that hard.

Good luck convincing him that you can do anything better than he can. I don't like your chances.

It's not even close? Give me the guy with much better percentages and higher career averages in literally every single statistical category except for PPG, while also fouling and turning it over less. Having to share the ball with Dwight and Harden will knock your scoring numbers down a bit, who has Derozan been sharing the ball with?

What kind of impact do you think being on the court with Dwight and Harden has on a players game, on how the other team defends him?