Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

No, I got that part.

What I don't get is why people are talking about throwing 10-12m a year, which is what it will realistically cost, to get a player who is, at best, a 4th banana on a title team.

Why would a 4th banana on a title team cost 10-12m a year?

i hated what i saw from parsons at times in the playoffs, i'm not sure if it's the culture of that team, but he often seemed way to content just to chuck up long shots.

with that said obviously the magic are clearing all this cap room to do something

Nelson / Payton

Oladipo / Fournier / Lamb

Parsons / Harkless / Marble

Gordon / Harris / Nicholson / Maxiell

Vuceivic / O'Quinn / Dedmon

I'd be surprised if Marble makes the team, and also not sure if Dedmon or Lamb will be here next year. Honestly, I think we may benefit from letting Hark/Harris run the 3 and getting a vet 4 (other than Maxiell) to help Gordon grow. Maybe call and see what the demand is for Shawn Marion? Also, I consider O'Quinn much more of a 4 than a 5 as an NBA player. It'll be interesting what we do for the rest of the offseason, to say the least.

Actually we've seen worse players get that kind of money. Tyreke Evans is a nice example

Or several Centers who got potential based contracts that they never lived up to.

Actually we've seen worse players get that kind of money. Tyreke Evans is a nice example

Exactly. Or Gerald Wallace, Richard Jefferson, Shawn Marion, etc. Heck, we were paying Arenas 20 M a year not to play.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 32m

.@sheimans: Schmitz reported magic to make offer to Bron. They got a shot? --> everyone trying to get in front of LeBron

Expand

I understand that he's filthy rich, but I can't believe how much money Wade just gave up. No way he recoups 43 mil.

He had 2 yrs 42/43m left on his deal. The Heat can extend it to 4 yrs at 12-15m per year and he still gets paid. And gives the Heat cap space.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 32m

.@sheimans: Schmitz reported magic to make offer to Bron. They got a shot? --> everyone trying to get in front of LeBron

Expand

Hell yeah. Not one, not two... :creaturedance:

I'd be surprised if Marble makes the team, and also not sure if Dedmon or Lamb will be here next year. Honestly, I think we may benefit from letting Hark/Harris run the 3 and getting a vet 4 (other than Maxiell) to help Gordon grow. Maybe call and see what the demand is for Shawn Marion? Also, I consider O'Quinn much more of a 4 than a 5 as an NBA player. It'll be interesting what we do for the rest of the offseason, to say the least.

I think we keep Dedmon because he played with what we like: energy, hustle and defense. We also gave him a 3 yr deal for his play. We would get rid of max first.

Got to say I'm not really too bothered about Parsons. Don't want to pay him 10+ million. But, if we get him that's cool, if we don't, I don't care.

I would not give him more than 9mil. Derozam makes that and he is an all star.

i heard a reporter say he should get 11 mil like batum, but he is over paid. just because a team over pays someone does not main we have too.

I do agree. He would be great with us and I think he could be the young piece to push us to the playoffs. He feels the shooter we need and can be a go to scorer and secondary playmaker.

Gallinari makes 10mil as well.