Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

So who does anyone realistically think we will get? The magic still have to meet the 56 million dollar minimum (or some figure close to that) for the new CBA cap rules or they face unnecessary fines.

The fines are equal to the difference between the salary floor and their total salary, so if they sign someone or they don't, they're paying the exact same amount of money.

So "likely no one before the deadline."

Assuming Stephenson continues to grow as a person and player, I think it's an understandable decision. Dude is essentially betting on himself, as he's only 23 years old. And sometimes it pays to be a second rounder.

The Hornets hold a team option for the third year, while Lance will make $9 million in each of the next two seasons.

Apparently he's "All-In" on this one.

• Upvote 1

So who does anyone realistically think we will get? The magic still have to meet the 56 million dollar minimum (or some figure close to that) for the new CBA cap rules or they face unnecessary fines.

I think all we sign is a PG at this point and I'm hoping its Seth Curry. Doubt we meet the minimum signing Curry so it is what it is.

We don't have to meet the minimum. All that happens if we don't meet the minimum is the league instructs us how to distribute the difference to our players. I imagine that you wouldn't be able to give max contract players or guys on rookie scale contracts additional money (to prevent exploitation of this rule). So we would split the money between frye, Gordon, green, probably jameer, probably Anthony Randolph, probably al Harrington, and probably glen Davis.

I doubt not much until deadline when we can use our room to take a player with a pick compensation of someone.

Assuming Stephenson continues to grow as a person and player, I think it's an understandable decision. Dude is essentially betting on himself, as he's only 23 years old. And sometimes it pays to be a second rounder.

Charlotte basically stole Stephenson with the 3/27 deal. Mavericks, Rockets, and Lakers along with the Pacers were in hot pursuit of Lance. Charlotte was never mentioned as a possible destination. Jordan, Cliff, and Ewing fly to see Lance.... talk about the team and the future.... left with his name signed on the dotted line.

I know that when we Magic fans look at our division, we only become concerned with the Heat, or the Hawks (when we are not tanking). Now the division is shifting, Miami is losing a bit of power, the Hawks have retooled with Milsap, the Wizards are getting better and now the Hornets have made some good moves as well like Jefferson.

If this keeps going, we might actually have a tough division from top to bottom. Shocker I know.

Charlotte basically stole Stephenson with the 3/27 deal. Mavericks, Rockets, and Lakers along with the Pacers were in hot pursuit of Lance. Charlotte was never mentioned as a possible destination. Jordan, Cliff, and Ewing fly to see Lance.... talk about the team and the future.... left with his name signed on the dotted line.

I know that when we Magic fans look at our division, we only become concerned with the Heat, or the Hawks (when we are not tanking). Now the division is shifting, Miami is losing a bit of power, the Hawks have retooled with Milsap, the Wizards are getting better and now the Hornets have made some good moves as well like Jefferson.

If this keeps going, we might actually have a tough division from top to bottom. Shocker I know.

I look forward to Lance butting heads with Kemba and Al.

I look forward to Lance butting heads with Kemba and Al.

Im not so sure that will happen. Charlotte is in desperate need of a scorer. They tried to roll with what they had last year and Kemba and AL basically ran out of gas and were swepted (again...lol). They both are in agreement that they need some help in the points department. Kemba and AL will definitely embrace Lance and what he can bring.

Now Lance and P.J. Hairston..... that might be a different story. P.J. wants the starting SG spot, but now Lance is signed that changes things. I fully expect some clashes between these two guys if there are going to be any. But keep in mind that Charlotte was smart by holding that 3rd yr... so if anything happens.. moves can be made. And im very sure that alot of teams will still be in the market for a Lance (and his expiring contract).

We don't have to meet the minimum. All that happens if we don't meet the minimum is the league instructs us how to distribute the difference to our players. I imagine that you wouldn't be able to give max contract players or guys on rookie scale contracts additional money (to prevent exploitation of this rule). So we would split the money between frye, Gordon, green, probably jameer, probably Anthony Randolph, probably al Harrington, and probably glen Davis.

I'll take Al or Glen's share

Don't know where to put it so I will put it here.

Today down here in Aus, Patty Mills and Aron Baynes have been showing off the Larry O'brian trophy, here is them photobombing a sports journalist (who should lose his job for not knowing who they are):

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/how-aussie-nba-stars-patty-mills-and-aron-baynes-crashed-my-fox-sports-live-cross-with-larry-obrien-trophy/story-fndkzqrr-1226990684705

Don't know where to put it so I will put it here.

Today down here in Aus, Patty Mills and Aron Baynes have been showing off the Larry O'brian trophy, here is them photobombing a sports journalist (who should lose his job for not knowing who they are):

http://www.news.com....r-1226990684705

LOL That was funny..... If that happened here, they might of been tazed...lol

• Upvote 1