Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Love brings 24 and 12 with great 3 point shooting.

So what. We know this already. The problem is if you trade for Love you've most likely gutted your team to do so, and lost the ability to improve the roster from within. Also, Love, James, and Irving is a very questionable defensive unit. And if it doesn't work out this season, James AND Love could leave Cleveland. Again, as the Cleveland roster stands, there is no shortage of offensive power. But there is a huge need for a defensive anchor. How does Kevin Love solve that problem?

So what. We know this already. The problem is if you trade for Love you've most likely gutted your team to do so, and lost the ability to improve the roster from within. Also, Love, James, and Irving is a very questionable defensive unit. And if it doesn't work out this season, James AND Love could leave Cleveland. Again, as the Cleveland roster stands, there is no shortage of offensive power. But there is a huge need for a defensive anchor. How does Kevin Love solve that problem?

If Lebron and Love join forces AND decide to leave together, the city of Cleveland would burn a lot more than jerseys. They'd have to call out the National Guard.

There's no chance LeBron leaves Cleveland again. His Player Option is not designed to give him a quick getaway it's designed to maximise his earning potential.

There's no chance LeBron leaves Cleveland again. His Player Option is not designed to give him a quick getaway it's designed to maximise his earning potential.

.....not 6, not 7 ....

Fortunately I cannot read his mind.

Doesn't Marble make 15?

The roster page currently lists 16, but that includes E'Twaun Moore and Anthony Randolph. I am pretty sure the Magic pulled back the Qualifying Offer from Moore, making him an unrestricted free agent, so I am 99% sure he is gone. When Randolph came over in the trade the reports were all saying that he would be released, which hasn't happened yet. If Moore doesn't re-sign and Randolph is released, then we are back down to 14.

The roster page currently lists 16, but that includes E'Twaun Moore and Anthony Randolph. I am pretty sure the Magic pulled back the Qualifying Offer from Moore, making him an unrestricted free agent, so I am 99% sure he is gone. When Randolph came over in the trade the reports were all saying that he would be released, which hasn't happened yet. If Moore doesn't re-sign and Randolph is released, then we are back down to 14.

I don't think your counting Ridnor, who hasn't officially signed yet.

I don't think your counting Ridnor, who hasn't officially signed yet.

You are correct, I missed Ridnour - so we are at 15 once Moore and Randolph are gone/waived, though I won't be surprised if Randolph makes it to training camp. At only 24, and already on a guaranteed contract there doesn't seem to be any reason to not at least take a look at him. We can always waive him later.

Edit: just turned 25 on July 15th.

You are correct, I missed Ridnour - so we are at 15 once Moore and Randolph are gone/waived, though I won't be surprised if Randolph makes it to training camp. At only 24, and already on a guaranteed contract there doesn't seem to be any reason to not at least take a look at him. We can always waive him later.

Randolph was officially waived on July 15 (not the best birthday present lol). On my phone, can't post the link.

I don't think Randolph fits the criteria of the type of people we want on this team.

Randolph was officially waived on July 15 (not the best birthday present lol). On my phone, can't post the link.

I missed that one, then. I wonder why he doesn't have some notification on the roster list, since Jameer had FA after he was waived, and Moore's has FA. I would have thought that Randolph's would be updated with the FA as well once he cleared waivers.