Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

How would it hinder Wiggins? The one superstar in the league that likes helping more than scoring is on your team. The main guy they are giving up is waiters, who was going to be gone regardless because he doesn't get along with Kyrie. Who has just signed to a fat contract aaaaannnddd Cleveland has already stated as of a week ago that they see Wiggins as a 2 more than a 3. This thing is lathered up and ready for Lebron to just come down and run the team as the supreme alpha dog over there. Literally, with LeBron and Kyrie taking so much of the teams defense that Wiggins will likely explode on any given night not playing the top 4 teams in the east. Irving hasn't accomplished much... in Cleveland. What do you want the guy to do? Be LeBron? He is arguably the fourth best shooter in the league behind Durant, Melo, and Curry. I don't care if Wiggins was in middle school last year. If Melo leaves NY there are about 15 teams he can score 25 points against in his rookie season. I'd sacrifice the remaining Stark children for a lineup like that for the magic.

Melo stays in NY.... If he leaves he goes to LA........ Bosh will end up in Houston......

Maybe the contract is set up like 12. 10, 6, 4

Or something like that. Make it front loaded.

If management front loaded the contract then that will be a VERY SMART thing........ Not to mention a way to easily get him to sign over other teams............

I'm so thirsty for football season I'm watching the predators...

edit: so is jaws so at least it's not just me lol

edit: jaws owns the sounders. I'm still a loser...

I'm so thirsty for football season I'm watching the predators...

edit: so is jaws so at least it's not just me lol

LOL... I quit watching the Preds 3 years ago.... They are a very lousy substitute for Football now.... They stink....

Isn't there a rule where a players salary can only decrease a certain amount each season? I could have sworn I read that, something like 7.5 percent or something. I might be pulling that from my ass, hopefully someone else can confirm this one way or the other.

Found this:

The raise limit also applies to salary decreases -- for example, since the Larry Bird exception limits raises to 7.5% of the first-year salary, the salary may also decrease by up to 7.5% of the first-year salary.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q54

Actually LOD said on another thread that all 4 years are guaranteed.... I'm not real happy with it, but Frye is a productive player and he won't hurt development of our young kids..... He'll hit the perimeter shots and rebound decently..... It's better then Big Al sitting on our books for 3 years and doing NOTHING..... How bout Baby's cap hold as well.....

LOL... I quit watching the Preds 3 years ago.... They are a very lousy substitute for Football now.... They stink....

I've actually never watched an arena game before. the resemblance to the flag football I used to play is uncanny. lol zero defense.

@AminESPN

What Magic did was something I've been waiting for other teams to do: target 2nd tier FAs on teams looking to join LBJ/Melo chase.

@AminESPN

What Magic did was something I've been waiting for other teams to do: target 2nd tier FAs on teams looking to join LBJ/Melo chase.

2nd tier? 4th tier!

• Upvote 1