Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

We're going to be linked to every Vet Guard and Forward that is in the end of their career and people can say well leadership and experience. I say F that, we need a couple guys maybe 1-2 and then start looking for talent.

Strap in and laugh at the rumors because it's going to be hilarious

We're going to be linked to every Vet Guard and Forward that is in the end of their career and people can say well leadership and experience. I say F that, we need a couple guys maybe 1-2 and then start looking for talent.

Strap in and laugh at the rumors because it's going to be hilarious

Yeah, if we were concerned with veteran leadership we probably wouldn't have traded Afflalo, or cut Jameer Nelson.

We haven't even been rumored to have talked to anyone.

*sigh* Shouldn't be this Magic-depressed at the beginning of July..

@MrMichaelLee

Trevor Booker is an unrestricted free agent & has attracted interest from several teams (MIA, MIN, UTA, BKN, NYK, ORL & WAS), sources say

"Sacramento, Charlotte, Minnesota, Orlando and the champs from San Antonio all calling, I'm told, about Brooklyn free agent Shaun Livingston" per Mark Stein

My link

Interesting...any thoughts?

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Nets are limited by what they can pay to keep Livingston after all that luxury tax they paid. Bound to struggle to re-sign him at this rate

"Sacramento, Charlotte, Minnesota, Orlando and the champs from San Antonio all calling, I'm told, about Brooklyn free agent Shaun Livingston" per Mark Stein

My link

Played ok in playoffs, overall I would say another shooter, if he's hot watch out.

Interesting Score Lines:

vs Ind - 24 points 10-18 4-4 FT 3 Boards 2 Assists

vs Mia 19 points 6- 11 7-8 FT 11 Boards 5 Assists

vs GS 13 points 6-11 1-2 FT 4 Boards 2 Assists

From Zach Lowe...

6. Will Anyone Challenge the Floor?

The Sixers spent most of last season under the league-mandated minimum salary floor, and the penalty for finishing below that spending threshold is weak: A team just has to split the difference between its total salary and the floor among its players. Big whoop.

There are lots of rebuilding teams with cap room that plausibly wish to roll it over into the next offseason, including Orlando, Philly, Milwaukee, and Utah; the Magic opened up $6 million in additional space Monday by kindly waiving Jameer Nelson in time for him to work free agency.

http://grantland.com/features/nba-free-agency-2014-lebron-james/

My link

Yeah, let's bring in a pg which can shoot the ball! Oh, wait a moment.

• Upvote 1

Don't understand why we'd be interested in Booker. Guy isn't really old enough to add vet experience, isn't a shooter and is an undersized 4 who brings nothing that Aaron, Nicholson, Tobias and Kyle don't already provide.

Livingston I think would make a great starting guard to bridge the gap between Nelson and Payton being ready to start but again he's not a 3 point threat either and I don't think there's much chance we get him with all those contenders looking for good backup guards.

All these names that have been thrown out there it feels like are just to make us think we're doing something in free agency. I don't expect any of the 4 guys (Monroe, Stuckey, Booker, Livingston) we're reportedly interested in (so far) to sign with us.

It does seem like there are a lot of teams out who don't have the cap room looking at big name FA's though. This must be where we're planning to reap the benefits of our cap room.