Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Parsons would make things pretty congested at the 3 spot, don't you think? Hark and Harris are there now, and with Gordon that's a full slot. Who's out if we get Parsons?

If someone has to go, Harkless should. But I say we keep Gordon at the 4 permanently, have Harris play backup minutes at 3 and 4 and Harkless 2 and 3.

We should rotate our roster a lot, no need for anyone to play heavy minutes

Got to say I'm not really too bothered about Parsons. Don't want to pay him 10+ million. But, if we get him that's cool, if we don't, I don't care.

I think 9 would be the ideal number. Just think that some other team may offer 12+

If someone has to go, Harkless should. But I say we keep Gordon at the 4 permanently, have Harris play backup minutes at 3 and 4 and Harkless 2 and 3.

We should rotate our roster a lot, no need for anyone to play heavy minutes

I agree, I don't think adding Parsons makes for TOO much congestion. Hark ideally is a 3, but he can get minutes at both, as Harris can get minutes at 3 and 4. Plenty of backup minutes to go around between those three positions.

Looks like the Heatles are back next year. Reports: Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade opt out, will be free agents - http://cbsprt.co/BoshWade (via @EyeOnBasketball)

What are the odds Wade goes to Chicago and LeBron stays with Bosh and Melo brought in? They have the money, as far as I know. Cole is the only player left at the moment.

What are the odds Wade goes to Chicago and LeBron stays with Bosh and Melo brought in? They have the money, as far as I know. Cole is the only player left at the moment.

I understand that he's filthy rich, but I can't believe how much money Wade just gave up. No way he recoups 43 mil.

I understand that he's filthy rich, but I can't believe how much money Wade just gave up. No way he recoups 43 mil.

That's why I think either he's going home, or he's taking WAY less to stay in Miami and allow them to sign more help. Bosh opting out with him makes me think the latter. Bosh is in the same boat, really. No one's gonna give him Max money, and even if they do, he still left a lot of money on the table.

Did you miss that we are $20M-$28M under the cap, depending on what we do with Jameer, or that Parsons was a RFA on a team that is focused on signing a major FA and is from Orlando and owns a home in Orlando?

No, I got that part.

What I don't get is why people are talking about throwing 10-12m a year, which is what it will realistically cost, to get a player who is, at best, a 4th banana on a title team.

No, I got that part.

What I don't get is why people are talking about throwing 10-12m a year, which is what it will realistically cost, to get a player who is, at best, a 4th banana on a title team.

I could see him as a 3rd banana on a title team if he reaches his potential. We would still have cap space to sign someone else (a star?) and maybe one of Oladipo/Vucevic/Gordon becomes a great sidekick

Parsons would make things pretty congested at the 3 spot, don't you think? Hark and Harris are there now, and with Gordon that's a full slot. Who's out if we get Parsons?

I don't think it would be congested. We have just got rid of Afflalo who spent a lot of time at SF with Harkless last season. So Parsons would be replacing Afflalo, and would give us a good starting SF. Our depth chart could be this:

Nelson / Payton

Oladipo / Fournier / Lamb

Parsons / Harkless / Marble

Gordon / Harris / Nicholson / Maxiell

Vuceivic / O'Quinn / Dedmon

At SF Parsons would likely start, with Harkless as first rotation, and then Marble could be third SF on the depth chart.

At PF Harris or Gordon would start, with the other being first rotation. We have Nicholson to come off the bench and continue his development, and then Maxiell would get limited mins and be a veteran presence.

So for me, I think adding Parsons would give us some added fire power, and a good starting SF. I don't see it becoming congested. In fact, it gives us good depth and potential trade assets if we need to make a deal in the future. I'd like to see us bring him in.

*Edited to reflect me missing Nicholson lol