Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Sounds like Bird and Vogel are still believers in Lance.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233654/Bird-Wants-Pacers-To-Re-Sign-Stephenson

I am pretty sure they are capped out, so the only way they can "replace" him is to either re-sign him or sign & trade him. They either have to re-sign him, or start a fairly major overhaul on the fly; and we all know that doesn't usually work out too well.

I definitely get why we would be interested in KD, just not sure what makes you think we can steal him from OKC. He seems pretty settled in there, and they continue to be one of the top 4 teams in the league. If they significantly decline, or start to Otis the team, then maybe; but so far they seem pretty well run, and they can offer him more years/money than anyone else. I won't say there is no chance because it is a couple years away, but I think it is between slim and none, and Slim is looking for the exit.

Yeah, it's a slim chance because Durant seems to be a super loyal guy but if he keeps losing before the finals and if his relationship with Westbrook deteriorates...

And I believe he worked with Hennigan

Yeah, it's a slim chance because Durant seems to be a super loyal guy but if he keeps losing before the finals and if his relationship with Westbrook deteriorates...

And I believe he worked with Hennigan

It seems like a pretty thin hope to actually put another two years of planning in on.

Parsons will now be a RFA. What's he worth?

I feel like HOU will end up paying a lot to keep him. He might thrive in a better basketball culture, but I think he stays with the predictable Rockets.

Parsons will now be a RFA. What's he worth?

I love Parsons. He's WORTH $8-$9M/yr, but Woj is saying teams are thinking $12-$13M/year.

Would you guys trade for Lin if it meant getting Terrance Jones as the sweetner? Houston is going for a big fish and need to clear as much as they can off their books. Jones could be our new PF.

Exum/???

Oladipo/Stauskas

Harris/Harkless

Jones/KO

Vucevic/Dedmon

I don't know what we'd do with Afflalo, but that's another asset. I LOVE that team. Seriously, out of all the projected teams I thought of, this is by far my favorite. Jones is perfect for us.

Would you guys trade for Lin if it meant getting Terrance Jones as the sweetner? Houston is going for a big fish and need to clear as much as they can off their books. Jones could be our new PF.

Exum/???

Oladipo/Stauskas

Harris/Harkless

Jones/KO

Vucevic/Dedmon

I don't know what we'd do with Afflalo, but that's another asset. I LOVE that team. Seriously, out of all the projected teams I thought of, this is by far my favorite. Jones is perfect for us.

One year of Lin at 15mil in a development year when I do not think we will make a FA splash, hell yeah I would take Terrance Jones. But, I do not think Houston would do it, they may be able to get rid of Lin for less and Jones is on his rookie contract for a few more years now and that is exactly the type of contracts Houston needs.

One year of Lin at 15mil in a development year when I do not think we will make a FA splash, hell yeah I would take Terrance Jones. But, I do not think Houston would do it, they may be able to get rid of Lin for less and Jones is on his rookie contract for a few more years now and that is exactly the type of contracts Houston needs.

We give them Jameer and Nicholson to help their bench.

Exum/???

Oladipo/Stauskas

Harris/Harkless

Jones/KO

Vucevic/Dedmon

Excellent idea!!!

Here is a name I haven't seen anyone put out there that might actually be a really good fit for us, Kris Humphries. He is coming off of a mediocre year with Boston, mainly due to the depth of their frontcourt/trying to give young players minutes to develop and playing more C, when he mostly played PF previously. Work ethic and team mentoring seem to be strong points, and with the last season, he should be available for significantly less than the $12M he made from the last year of his NJ contract. A strong rebounder and defensive player, he would fit really well next to Vucevic. If we could get him for a declining contract, 3 years/$24M (9/8/7) it wouldn't be too bad, and you could not bring back Maxiel saving 2.5M right there. Waive Lamb, renew Price & Moore and draft #4 and #12

#4 Exum/Smart

#12 Hood/McDermott

That gives you

Exum or Smart/Nelson/Price

Oladipo/Afflalo

Harris/Harkless/McDermott or Hood

Humphries/O'Quinn/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dedmon