Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

The Art of Tanking

On NBA Gametime (NBATV) last night they ranked the Magic the 5th best team in the East...thought that was pretty interesting. I don't think the biggest homer on this board would go that far. I think what Henny is going to get mad props for is the Den/NY pick, which if things continue the way they are now could be as high as the late lottery.

I don't think there is any chance that we will finish 5th in the East.

On NBA Gametime (NBATV) last night they ranked the Magic the 5th best team in the East...thought that was pretty interesting. I don't think the biggest homer on this board would go that far. I think what Henny is going to get mad props for is the Den/NY pick, which if things continue the way they are now could be as high as the late lottery.

Even he would have not seen that coming if it does indeed end up that both the nuggets and the knicks not making the playoffs. Hey, if JR Smith comes to games stoned and Chandler can't recover there is a massive chance that pick could fall somewhere between 10 - 15

Wouldn't it be amazing if NY, Denver, and the Magic were the bottom teams in the league and we ended up with 2 of the 1st 3 picks? How would y'all like Henny then? Now if he can just figure out a way to get that Utah pic LOL

Unless Hennigan has naughty pics of James Dolan and/or Josh Kroenke, you can't give him credit for that pick possibly being in the teens (which is still a big win IMO). It's just one of those things where the pendulum finally swings our way.

And the Knicks will make the playoffs; c'mon guys it's two weeks in and you're already losing your heads.

Unless Hennigan has naughty pics of James Dolan and/or Josh Kroenke, you can't give him credit for that pick possibly being in the teens (which is still a big win IMO). It's just one of those things where the pendulum finally swings our way.

And the Knicks will make the playoffs; c'mon guys it's two weeks in and you're already losing your heads.

I'm not so sure. The only player that was keeping the Knicks from being a horrific defensive team is out for at least a month. They have an old roster full of shoot first, defend never guys and a couple of Chandler replacements that can't play consecutive games. Even if Anthony plays the best basketball of his career - and he's not playing well at all - it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Knicks miss the playoffs.

I'm not so sure. The only player that was keeping the Knicks from being a horrific defensive team is out for at least a month. They have an old roster full of shoot first, defend never guys and a couple of Chandler replacements that can't play consecutive games. Even if Anthony plays the best basketball of his career - and he's not playing well at all - it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Knicks miss the playoffs.

last season 38-44 got the Bucks into the playoffs, and with so many teams tanking in the east this season I don't see that threshold changing. At the very least, 41-41 WILL get you in the playoffs and the knicks have .500 written all over them. That pick though will still be late, possibly mid teens which is still a big deal. Lots of good players/projects will be available at that point.