Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

Suspense on our first game. Hope we win that and then go on a 19 game losing streak then another 14 game losing streak after the all-star break.

Listen...............I'll post meme's as long as everyone else follows through. I hope everyone has a sense of originality.

Magic fan in Japan! Don't post on here but always reading everyone's posts. May be another long season but let's keep rooting for the Magic while keeping an eye on the future. Good times are coming again.

Can we all agree that no matter what happens in our first game, we will overreact to it?

I would expect nothing less. If we win, we will absolutely go undefeated for the season. If we lose, every single person on the roster should be traded and all the coaches/staff should be fired.

It's really the only solution.

This is going to be a hard season for me.....the fan in me wants them to win but the armchair GM in me knows losing A LOT this year will make us better in the long run.

This is going to be a hard season for me.....the fan in me wants them to win but the armchair GM in me knows losing A LOT this year will make us better in the long run.

Same.

I mean, I'm joking about it a lot, but that's just me covering up what I'm feeling will be a brutally painful season to watch, no matter how we do. The worst possible thing that could happen to us is that we do juuuuuuuust well enough to sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed and get immediately bumped out.

Don't think that will happen, but there's enough awful teams out there, we'll have some competition for that bottom slot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Oladipo struggle with his percentages a bit the first couple months. Something like 41% overall, 30% from three and like 70% from the foul line seems plausible. I do anticipate that he'll start putting up Brandon Roy rookie year type numbers by the all-star break however.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Oladipo struggle with his percentages a bit the first couple months. Something like 41% overall, 30% from three and like 70% from the foul line seems plausible. I do anticipate that he'll start putting up Brandon Roy rookie year type numbers by the all-star break however.

And once 'Meer goes down with an injury and he has to run the offense against starters, he'll struggle again, but yeah - I think your view's accurate.

I would expect nothing less. If we win, we will absolutely go undefeated for the season. If we lose, every single person on the roster should be traded and all the coaches/staff should be fired.

It's really the only solution.

I can't wait to see if oladipo is Reece Gaines or Gary Payton

I can't wait to see if oladipo is Reece Gaines or Gary Payton

He's already better than Reece Gaines. Reece hit the NBA and looked shell-shocked the entire time. Oladipo already sounds like a veteran and he hasn't played his first game. He'll have some slip-ups and I wouldn't be surprised if he has an awkward start, but I'm willing to put money on him not being a bust.

More important than the skill set, he has the mindset to be a pro. Handling that level of pressure and exposure crushes even some gifted athletes. I don't get that sense from Victor.

Then again, could be wrong. I think his arc will be better than JJ's. Somewhere between JJ and D'Wade.