Sign in to follow this  
God Hates Otis Smith

The magic need to start integrating more former players

The posters that i've seen with former stars, and current players are a nice touch.

I'd like to see it taken a step further, i'd like to see guys like TMAC/Penny/Armstrong become part of the organization again to keep that familiarity of the past, as we transition into a new era with alot of young players. I feel like it'd be good for the brand if these guys were around town doing autograph signings for the team, or being at the games from time to time like as ambassadors.

I dunno, just an idea, just think it'd be cool to see some familiar faces around the team

The only one really available from that list is Penny. Armstrong is coaching and McGrady still wants to play in Europe or China....I think.

What you describe is what Nick Anderson and Bo Outlaw do. Im sure the team doesnt want to pay more than just the 2 ambassadors. Plus, who says these guys even want to be around Orlando? Im sure they have bigger, better plans with coaching or playing or family.

Penny went back to his hometown Memphis where he is a legend and does a lot of community work. That is home to him not Orlando.

Nick and Bo do an outstanding job repping the team in the community. Don't really see a need for more until one of them decides to move on to something else.

Fwiw, meeting Bo or nick Anderson these days just isn't thrilling. It's not their fault, they're just so involved that I've met them probably 50 different times since 1999.

It'd be nice to have some variety. Again, they're great guys who are engaging. Just a small nitpick.

It would be cool if we could involve Shaq somehow. Just someone that was actually a HOFer. Granted, Shaq didn't exactly leave us with a hallway full of championships, but still...

The same Shaq that called Orlando a dried up little pond, feuded with Dwight (when Dwight was in Orlando) and just became a minority owner in the Kings (which he famously referred to as the Sacramento Queens back in his Laker days)?

No thanks.