Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's confession time

Are some of you honestly hoping that the team loses enough games to not make the playoffs so Brian Hill can hopefully be fired?

I'm definitely not crazy about the job he's done this year either but for the life of me I can't root for the Magic to lose.

I've actually entertained the thought cause I'm sick of losing but when a new day dawns for a new game my heart won't let me do it. I love the Magic more than I do any coach. Especially a coach that won't be here in the future.

We actually still have a chance, however slim, to make the post-season. Something we haven't done in awhile.

I just don't understand the thinking of some of you as I've seen comments on different threads.

Are some of you honestly hoping that the team loses enough games to not make the playoffs so Brian Hill can hopefully be fired?

I'm definitely not crazy about the job he's done this year either but for the life of me I can't root for the Magic to lose.

I've actually entertained the thought cause I'm sick of losing but when a new day dawns for a new game my heart won't let me do it. I love the Magic more than I do any coach. Especially a coach that won't be here in the future.

We actually still have a chance, however slim, to make the post-season. Something we haven't done in awhile.

I just don't understand the thinking of some of you as I've seen comments on different threads.

I gave up on trying to figure out that trend of thinking ...It was driving me crazy .

So ,I'll just keep on believing in our TEAM... day by day Forever ...no matter what...

GO MAGIC!!!~!!!!!!

I want the team to win and make the playoffs. That experience is like no other and the team needs it if they plan to win championships. I also don't want Detroit to get a good pick from us. If we had our lottery pick this draft, then I might be leaning "to the left, to the left" for the team tanking the season to get a good pick AND, hopefully, getting rid of Napolean.

The thought entered my mind a while back Junkie, I hate losing but we have to think of the greater good here, the way we are playing at the moment I could see us keeping the DET pick.

Hill is KILLING this ball club and if losing every last game this season is what it takes to get rid I am ALL for it. This guy is clueless and what worries me the most is our owners seem even worse, the playoffs are gone and even if we somehow made it we would get blown out so the whole thing would be a non-event.

I am sooooo dam frustrated today, if Hill carries on like this I am going to sue the incompetent fool for driving me towards depression!

Yeah it does drive you crazy. Just a few weeks ago I was right there demanding Hill to be fired.

Which is why I'm just trying to focus on this ball club getting to the playoffs.

Everyone brings up the definition to insanity, thats exactly why I changed my stance. It was driving me crazy.

I've gone out and said it a couple of times already. I am rooting for Bhill to get fired and the rest of the organization to be held accountable. Yes they need to keep losing because I love the Magic, not the individuals on this team who play like they are happy to be getting 4-5 million a year from us fans who support crap. It is insane to think things will change if we make the playoffs. It won't. Thus the message has to be sent that we fans won't keep supporting a franchise without a clue of what direction they are headed. Someone else on this board had expressed the thought thatt maybe the Magic should leave town, along with the ****ty ownership so that we can start anew with owners who actually gave a ****. If Amway was run like this, the Devos family would all be selling vacuums dooor to door. Enough already.

Does rooting for the Magic to lose compare to a "tough love" approach? If so, it could be argued that many fans are rooting against their team for the better good of the team.

Personally, I will never root for the Magic to lose. But, it certainly doesn't hurt the team's future outlook if they do, considering that it may escalate the pace of Brian Hill's dismissal.

It's like Chris Rock said, "I won't hit a b*tch, but I'll sure as heck shake the crap outta one."

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Right now I am so disgusted with the owners, the GM and the Coach that I am ok with them getting blown out the rest of the season, but this inept organization will blame the players and make player changes and keep Brian Hill.

Then we'll see our former players playing great for a different organization - like Ben Wallace. The Sentinel article today says it all - Brian Hill is coming back next year - Otis is solidly behind him - well Knappy is not coming back - enough is enough - the last 10 years have been atrocious. McGrady walking was a disgrace.

Total disregard for fans - we don't know anything - liek the Magic organzation does? Come on - I could have lost McGrady - well I probably wouldn't have lost him - that took real skill to lose him.

The Magic Suck right now - we have some good players - too bad they can't play for this coach or this organization - I wish I didn't have any tickets left for games this season.

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

Honestly, I dislike Brian Hill as much as the next guy. But to root for the Magic to lose? Nah, can't do it, the thought never even once crossed my mind!!

Rafael, you may not like BHill, but you don't hate the guy nearly as much as I do. Not even close. The guy sucks and the owners and GM are worse for covering his back.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

The thought entered my mind a while back Junkie, I hate losing but we have to think of the greater good here, the way we are playing at the moment I could see us keeping the DET pick.

Hill is KILLING this ball club and if losing every last game this season is what it takes to get rid I am ALL for it. This guy is clueless and what worries me the most is our owners seem even worse, the playoffs are gone and even if we somehow made it we would get blown out so the whole thing would be a non-event.

I am sooooo dam frustrated today, if Hill carries on like this I am going to sue the incompetent fool for driving me towards depression!

Agreed! It is sad that you want your team to lose so that you can get a coaching change because of such inept ownership and management - that is pathetic. Does Mark Cuban have a relative that could buy the Magic?