Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Would Adding Josh Smith Make Houston a Contender?

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would Adding Josh Smith Make a Houston a Contender?

• Yes
    • No

Given that it seems the Josh Smith days are numbered in Atlanta, would adding him to the mix in Houston make them a contender for the next several years?

I'm not sure. Houston would have the potential to be very good defensively with Smith and Asik protecting the rim....even with the liablities of Lin and Harden on the perimeter. And I don't think the pairing would work on the offensive end at all. I'm also not sold on Harden being the primary scorer for a championship contender despite him having a very good year.

I guess my answer is sure, they would contend in the sense that they would have a respectable record and make the conference semi-finals every year. I don't think they could beat OKC, San Antonio, or the LA Clippers, and, if they somehow did, I think the Heat would be a nightmare matchup for them.

I'm not sure. Houston would have the potential to be very good defensively with Smith and Asik protecting the rim....even with the liablities of Lin and Harden on the perimeter. And I don't think the pairing would work on the offensive end at all. I'm also not sold on Harden being the primary scorer for a championship contender despite him having a very good year.

I guess my answer is sure, they would contend in the sense that they would have a respectable record and make the conference semi-finals every year. I don't think they could beat OKC, San Antonio, or the LA Clippers, and, if they somehow did, I think the Heat would be a nightmare matchup for them.

Agreed

Yeah, but they still wouldn't have the star power many other teams have. James Harden is one of my favorite players but I don't think he can carry anyone to a championship yet

Maybe when the Miami big 3 goes away