Sign in to follow this  
Golfer2

Should Orlando pursue Varejao or Pavlovic?

I'd take Pavlovic anyday, but Varejao...?

After what he did in the playoffs, I wouldn't want him.

What was he thinking. That was the dumbest play that I have ever seen anyone do. The man has Lebron James on his team, 20 some seconds left on the clock, last play of the game, they are down by 2 and Tim Duncan is in the paint. Now anyone would know to give the ball to Lebron. However the man trys to go for a layup.... Now if Duncan wasn't there... sure go for it. But Duncan was right there. Give the ball to Lebron.

I think that if they had gone into overtime that they would have won and actually had a shot to win the thing. But to me it seems that Varejao single handedly took the Cavs out of the Finals.

quote:
Originally posted by Golfer2:

Brand new poster and a Cavs fan. Let me know if this is in the correct forum.

First, let me thank Orlando for trading us Drew Gooden and Anderson Varejao a few years ago. IMO, we would not have made the finals this year without them.

My question is: what is the opinion of Varejao and Pavlovic in your eyes? They are restricted free agents this year and we have full Bird rights on them, so we can match any offers they get (BTW, we are over the salary cap).

Since you are under the cap, do you think you should go after either Varejao or Pavlovic with substantial offers?

Also, what are the rumors regarding you keeping Darko. If Charlotte were to offer him, say $10 mil, would you (and should you) match it?

Many Cavs fans fear that someone will make a very high offer for Varejao and we might not match it. Just wanted a different perspective on the situation.

Thanks,

Golfer2

I think the Magic would match $10m for Darko, but they wouldn't be happy about it - I think they would like to get him for around $7 or $8m to start - Orlando cannot let Darko walk without a big, big return after the coaching fiasco - they just can't do it and with the arena issue they can't let him walk unless you get a player like Gasol or KG coming in for Darko and little else, so I expect to see Darko back.

On Varejao, I think they would have interest, but I think the interest is on a big time free agent like Lewis or Wallace. I don't think the Magic could or would offer Varejao anywhere near $10m. Maybe a mid-level exception if they were able to make it work at max.

I didn't quite understand the Drew Gooden trade for Battie - I'm not sure what they were thinking - they weren't big on Drew, but I still don't get it - Drew played ok in Orlando and giving him up for Battie - confuses me - I mean Battie has a good work ethic and is very professional, etc. but I still don't know what they were thinking and then adding Varejao on top of it? I think Cleveland should have offered more than Battie for Gooden - you all did well with that trade - not that I'm a huge fan of Drew, but still the trade didn't make a lot of sense to me. Varajao shows great hustle and heart - a lot of teams would like him, but I don't see any problem with Cleveland retaining him - I don't see any team going over $6m for him and Cleveland would just match that.

I have two dreams. One of them is to sign Darko at about $8 million for 5 years.

The other one is to trade Jameer for Pavlovic, even up or any other way we could.

Those two things happen, I am one happy camper.

I agree with the signing darko .... Hes going to be a great player in this league and right now a really good defensive threat in our area ... but sorry.. dont agree with the jammer deal .. Thats really bad .. I would rather keep the core of this team the same and just sign wallace and at least 1 more big .. or at least draft a big .. We should stick with what we got!!

if we lose darko then i would at least look at AV but i don't think he'll end up in orlando.

last year i wasn't a big fan of sasha but he developed into a interesting player. i think he has potential on both ends. without lebron he could develope into a 20ppg player who also plays good D. somebody said he's a serbian rasheed wallace. well, there was a time when i thought he'll become the serbian ron artest but thankfully he grew up last year. sheed isn't that bad and btw, are't we looking for a bad boy? we already had such a topic on this boards.

anyway, i expect him (and darko for sure) to become the go to guy for serbia this summer, that would help him a lot to develope his offensive game. it's a little risk but i say sing this kid. he could give you everything 20ppg, good D and a little bit of that bad boy image what we need.

quote:
Originally posted by lazyberbs:

I have two dreams. One of them is to sign Darko at about $8 million for 5 years.

The other one is to trade Jameer for Pavlovic, even up or any other way we could.

Those two things happen, I am one happy camper.

Very interesting. Many Cavs fans have said that they think we (the Cavs) should go after Jameer.

Are some of y'all not "happy" with Jameer?

Golfer2

quote:
Originally posted by Golfer2:

Brand new poster and a Cavs fan. Let me know if this is in the correct forum.

First, let me thank Orlando for trading us Drew Gooden and Anderson Varejao a few years ago. IMO, we would not have made the finals this year without them. Are you trying to make me sick?

My question is: what is the opinion of Varejao and Pavlovic in your eyes? They are restricted free agents this year and we have full Bird rights on them, so we can match any offers they get (BTW, we are over the salary cap).

Since you are under the cap, do you think you should go after either Varejao or Pavlovic with substantial offers? It's possible, but Milicic and a major FA are the first 2 priorities.

Also, what are the rumors regarding you keeping Darko. If Charlotte were to offer him, say $10 mil, would you (and should you) match it? Milicic will play for the Magic this coming season. No if ands or buts.

Many Cavs fans fear that someone will make a very high offer for Varejao and we might not match it. Just wanted a different perspective on the situation.

Lebron likes Battie and I believe we would trade you straight up. How about it?

Thanks,

Golfer2

One more thing. We are going to give you guys a good old fashion whoopin this coming season.

P.S. Jameer will be playing for the Magic this year.

We do not need AV. He is a good player coming of the bench to bring some energy. But after having a solid season last year he will ask for too much money. I also think that he hit his ceiling this year. He is not very skillful, and once people get tired of all the flopping his game will be diminished.

As far as Pavlovic is concerned: I think he has allot of potential. This was his first season with some significant minutes and I think he did OK. Not excellent but well. He has mental lapses, and if he fixes that he will be a solid SG. He has a nice stroke, can easily get the rim and is going to be an excellent defender (he is algready a very good one:he stopped Vince, he made Rip's job very difficult, and he played decent against Finely/Manu). His problem is that he is still not strong enough to finish around the basket when he gets there. Also refs are not giving him justice because he was hacked allot and got no whistles. Overall, I would go after him for a reasonable money. he is very young and that fits our plans to build a team for a seasons to come

quote:
Originally posted by Realist:

We do not need AV. He is a good player coming of the bench to bring some energy. But after having a solid season last year he will ask for too much money. I also think that he hit his ceiling this year. He is not very skillful, and once people get tired of all the flopping his game will be diminished.

As far as Pavlovic is concerned: I think he has allot of potential. This was his first season with some significant minutes and I think he did OK. Not excellent but well. He has mental lapses, and if he fixes that he will be a solid SG. He has a nice stroke, can easily get the rim and is going to be an excellent defender (he is algready a very good one:he stopped Vince, he made Rip's job very difficult, and he played decent against Finely/Manu). His problem is that he is still not strong enough to finish around the basket when he gets there. Also refs are not giving him justice because he was hacked allot and got no whistles. Overall, I would go after him for a reasonable money. he is very young and that fits our plans to build a team for a seasons to come

Just to add one more thing: Sasha is nowhere close to being to Sheed. Sheed gets out of sink for pretty much anything (although often he does it to get his team energized). Sasha never does that. He stood up for himself against Moore from Nets when he fouled him when he was already in the air. That was a dirty foul and he stood for himself, which I liked allot. What was he suppose to do. Give him a kiss. That told me allot about his willingness to fight. So whoever compared Sheed and Sasha has no clue what he is talking about.