Sign in to follow this  
Beast From The East

Jameer Nelson - Leadership

I think Nelson is a good leader when he shows up, like when he spoke about playing against Howard for the first time this season in the lead up to the win against Lakers, it's times like that you need to be on guard from the media and he certainly was, he handled it like he was leading an example. After the media talk he went on to play well, like he had a point to prove and he did just that.

I like Nelson, I just always wish he could be more aggressive and energetic with the ball.

On another note though I don't think anyone knows who the real leaders are within the team unless your in the locker room or watching them practice daily.

Leadership aside he's loyal and to me that means a lot more than anything.

I think Nelson is a good leader when he shows up, like when he spoke about playing against Howard for the first time this season in the lead up to the win against Lakers, it's times like that you need to be on guard from the media and he certainly was, he handled it like he was leading an example. After the media talk he went on to play well, like he had a point to prove and he did just that.

I like Nelson, I just always wish he could be more aggressive and energetic with the ball.

On another note though I don't think anyone knows who the real leaders are within the team unless your in the locker room or watching them practice daily.

Leadership aside he's loyal and to me that means a lot more than anything.

I definitely think that veteran leadership is important. The New York Knicks looked silly when they went out and picked up all these old farts this summer. However, it has led to an unprecedented style of unselfish play, particularly among players that are known for being selfish (J.R. Smith and Melo). I think Jameer does a good job of leading for the team, but I don't know if he always plays with the kind of energy and determination that can inspire teammates.

Even though this is not an actual (ie sincere) question, i'll take a brief moment to explain.

When Normal Person A elbows Normal Person B to the chest, bad things happen. That is the natural, logical, course of things.

When Exceptional Person C elbows Normal Person B to the chest however, good things like bonding, competitive spirit, toughening up, passion for approval and recognition happen.

Person C is a leader.

Contemplating the issue rather philosophically, leaders are heterodetermination agents. The very first societies of man (and by that we mean asserted cultural and institutional practices, however few) were built around leaders. The father of a family. The champion of a feat. As civilization expanded in its complexity in order to accomodate man's increased needs, the psychologically inherent conflict between the individual's instincts and the structures of the social system increased accordingly, and the cornerstone could no longer be a person from the group. It had to be (or at least to be assisted in his function by) a person from the past, now dead: the Ancestor; creating the Myth; and ultimately, God.

With God being the ultimate heterodetermination agent, one can understand the enormity of the task of secularization by the european mind (and have rather interesting discussions on how much and yet how little has been achived since the Enlightenment).

Within our modern civlization however, even in its most secular neighbourhoods, smaller social sets exist where heterodetermination is still crucial to their ability to function. The army (and consequently the army-like structures, such as sports) is quite notable.

You sure managed to gather a lot of information from a 7 second clip. It's a good thing that Kobe didn't take a swing at Sasha's face. You may have compared him to George Washington.

You sure managed to gather a lot of information from a 7 second clip. It's a good thing that Kobe didn't take a swing at Sasha's face. You may have compared him to George Washington.

Are you somehow imagining that more than the first 4 lines of my post refer to the leadership function of Kobe Bryant that I consider portrayed in the video clip, or is it just peer pressure to be 'funny'?

And it's a shame, i really don't like rhetorical questions.

Are you somehow imagining that more than the first 4 lines of my post refer to the leadership function of Kobe Bryant that I consider portrayed in the video clip, or is it just peer pressure to be 'funny'?

And it's a shame, i really don't like rhetorical questions.

Full disclosure: I have read enough of your posts to know when you are about to go off on a rant that will contribute nothing to the conversation. After reading your ridiculous first paragraph, I spared myself the pain of reading the rest of the post; and I have to tell you, I have no regrets. Your logic in your first paragraph is gold though. All it takes for elbows being thrown in practice to go from bad chemistry to invaluable leadership is a 30 ppg scoring average. I like that.....good stuff. What makes it even better is that you initially posted the clip with no other explanation as if the rest of us were supposed to come to the same ridiculous conclusion that you did. From a 7 second clip. Awesome.

Also, to answer your rhetorical question - because I happen to love answering rhetorical questions, preferably with sarcasm - yes, I feel an overwhelming desire, due to peer pressure, to make strangers, that I will never meet, laugh. In fact, if someone doesn't at least giggle from this post, I'm not sure how I will continue to live. I feel the walls closing in on me as I type this.

Full disclosure: I have read enough of your posts to know when you are about to go off on a rant that will contribute nothing to the conversation. After reading your ridiculous first paragraph, I spared myself the pain of reading the rest of the post; and I have to tell you, I have no regrets. Your logic in your first paragraph is gold though. All it takes for elbows being thrown in practice to go from bad chemistry to invaluable leadership is a 30 ppg scoring average. I like that.....good stuff. What makes it even better is that you initially posted the clip with no other explanation as if the rest of us were supposed to come to the same ridiculous conclusion that you did. From a 7 second clip. Awesome.

Also, to answer your rhetorical question - because I happen to love answering rhetorical questions, preferably with sarcasm - yes, I feel an overwhelming desire, due to peer pressure, to make strangers, that I will never meet, laugh. In fact, if someone doesn't at least giggle from this post, I'm not sure how I will continue to live. I feel the walls closing in on me as I type this.

You can sleep good tonight cause I giggled (just once though).

You can sleep good tonight cause I giggled (just once though).

Is it ok if I refer to you from now on as my hero? I now feel an inner strength that I never realized I had before.

Is it ok if I refer to you from now on as my hero? I now feel an inner strength that I never realized I had before.

I and not sure if it's cause I am tired as heck but just cannot get to sleep, but that post made be laugh till I coughed which led to a fart which lead to a fear that I sharted (luckely I did not I am glad to say).

Oh and I am not sure if I should be honored or just flat creeped out by me being your hero, but if you must, I will accept. Do I get some sort of metal of honor or something at least? After all, I almost ruined a perfectly good par of pj's reading your post.

• Upvote 2

I and not sure if it's cause I am tired as heck but just cannot get to sleep, but that post made be laugh till I coughed which led to a fart which lead to a fear that I sharted (luckely I did not I am glad to say).

Oh and I am not sure if I should be honored or just flat creeped out by me being your hero, but if you must, I will accept. Do I get some sort of metal of honor or something at least? After all, I almost ruined a perfectly good par of pj's reading your post.

You get a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club... Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

All it takes for elbows being thrown in practice to go from bad chemistry to invaluable leadership is a 30 ppg scoring average. I like that.....good stuff.

With the rest of your post, I can't help you. What is a rant, what is not a rant, who is a hero, who farts and the sorts - you'll figure it out as you grow up.

But you could look a little into the Kobe-Sasha chemistry yourself before posting. What Kobe did, his use of the italian angle between them, etc. And see exactly how Vujacic was led by Bryant.

Do you recognize this grimace?

sasanu.jpg

Take care.

With the rest of your post, I can't help you. What is a rant, what is not a rant, who is a hero, who farts and the sorts - you'll figure it out as you grow up.

But you could look a little into the Kobe-Sasha chemistry yourself before posting. What Kobe did, his use of the italian angle between them, etc. And see exactly how Vujacic was led by Bryant.

Do you recognize this grimace?

sasanu.jpg

Take care.

You forgot to add in who got the jelly of the month club comment. As for the original video, all I saw was kobe being a cocky @ss, but I really cannot stand him so I am sure that is a biased view. Either way, have to agree with another poster that it adds no value. As for who needs to grow up, I am sure we can find some happy median where we grow ip and you stop being so tightly wound, you can't even let a fart out.