Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Feed Nik

If Vucevic hits the weights in the off-season and makes gains... I don't even know what to think. The dude would be like a white LaMarcus Aldridge and strength on top of that, watch out

He's already been compared to Marc Gasol and Marcin Gortat.....and neither of those comparisons make any sense. I think if we are going to compare him to other random white centers then we should really go for it and compare him to Bill Walton or at least Mark Eaton.

Who said he was like Marc Gasol?

Nik probably should be in our long term plans, but he has improving to do. He could be a key player on a contending team, though he'd likely be the 3rd or 4th option.

The guy is similar to gortat. They both have butter fingers. Nik let's so many passes slip right through his hands you would think the ball was slicked. He lost 3 consecutive passes from Jj Sunday night. The guy has terrible ball control. Aside from that he's a decent center. There are still well over a handful better. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this one.

The guy is similar to gortat. They both have butter fingers. Nik let's so many passes slip right through his hands you would think the ball was slicked. He lost 3 consecutive passes from Jj Sunday night. The guy has terrible ball control. Aside from that he's a decent center. There are still well over a handful better. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this one.

He's 22. There's far less than a handful of centers doing what he's doing at his age. A lot of his weaknesses (TO prone at times - 1.7 per, needs to finish stronger, etc.) can also be attributed to youth and inexperience on the court. I'm not saying you build around the guy, but I don't see any better center prospects coming out of college where we'll be selecting in the draft, or already in the NBA that wouldn't demand a Brook Lopez type contract (actually very few centers are putting up double doubles, including Lopez, and none are 22 yrs old). Sure he has some flaws, he's a developing player... but he already rebounds very well, defends adequately, and has an expanding offensive game. This guy is easily worth 6-7M per on a four-year deal and will probably get considerably more than that on the open market, especially if his game continues to improve as it should. I say extend the guy now to a value contract and let him know we believe in him and he's part of our future.

He's 22. There's far less than a handful of centers doing what he's doing at his age. A lot of his weaknesses (TO prone at times - 1.7 per, needs to finish stronger, etc.) can also be attributed to youth and inexperience on the court. I'm not saying you build around the guy, but I don't see any better center prospects coming out of college where we'll be selecting in the draft, or already in the NBA that wouldn't demand a Brook Lopez type contract (actually very few centers are putting up double doubles, including Lopez, and none are 22 yrs old). Sure he has some flaws, he's a developing player... but he already rebounds very well, defends adequately, and has an expanding offensive game. This guy is easily worth 6-7M per on a four-year deal and will probably get considerably more than that on the open market, especially if his game continues to improve as it should. I say extend the guy now to a value contract and let him know we believe in him and he's part of our future.

Our defense this year is not much, if at all, worse than it was last year, and that sure as hell isn't because Afflalo is locking down the wing. Nik is a very underrated defensive player. His length (watching him guard Jefferson on Al's faceups was something else) makes him a pretty good defender already and he'll only get better.

He's averaging a double double and will only grow stronger and more polished as he gets older. I think Nik has a really high ceiling.

Our defense this year is not much, if at all, worse than it was last year, and that sure as hell isn't because Afflalo is locking down the wing. Nik is a very underrated defensive player. His length (watching him guard Jefferson on Al's faceups was something else) makes him a pretty good defender already and he'll only get better.

He's averaging a double double and will only grow stronger and more polished as he gets older. I think Nik has a really high ceiling.

Actually our team defense has been our strength. We're like 6th or 7th in the league in points allowed and about the same in defensive efficiency. Other than that, I agree completely with you're observations of Nik and would like to see him signed long-term, especially if we can extend him now to a value contract.

He does have butter fingers, but in his defense, JJ's passing in Sunday night's game was atrocious, and he was given most of those turnovers, not Nic.