Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

Can you please explain to me how anyone could have hoped to trade JJ, as good as he is, for a "quality player to build a team around"?

He's handsome.

Brian K. Schmitz‏@MagicInsider

League source says Magic Al Harrington, out all season with knee issues, could play next week

Also, Hennigan mentioned that waiving Warrick will open up a roster spot that could be used for a D-League player. Here's the Skyforce's roster, which is Orlando's affiliate:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/siouxfalls/statistics/

I'll take Goudelock or Varnado.

I'd love nothing better than to have Varnado make it in this league, I really like that guys motor and his edge. Just don't think he'll be more than Sean Williams in this league though. I just assume retain Warrick really.

The Dwight one wasn't touched.

The Ryan Anderson one was used to take in Warrick since it would expire and we got a new one from Mcbob plus cash.

I can't read through this whole thread for the information I am looking for.

How does the McRoberts trade effect the trade exception? I didn't get a clear answer on what I read.

What trade exceptions do the Magic have?

I thought they had one good until Aug 2013 for over $17 million - is that somehow extended or did we get a second one or did that one change?

Anyone in the know want to explain? I guess that would explain the McRoberts for Warrick trade right? Any other reason to do it if no trade exception involved?

That's a very astute observation by you

*pats on head*

The point being we can give #12 to anyone we want to. Dwight is old news and irrelevant here.

I HATE WHEN WE GET A 2011 DRAFT PICK THAT HAS MORE POTENTIAL THAN A GUY WE PROBABLY COULD HAVE GOTTEN IN THE LATE 20S IN 2013 YOU KNOW THE DRAFT ALL YOU SWINES WHO KEEP PISSING AND MOANING ABOUT NOT GETTING A PICK KEEP SAYING IS A WEAK DRAFT OH NO DON'T REMEMBER LOL OH WELL WHO NEEDS LOGIC AND REASON WHEN WE'RE A MAGIC FORUM GOOOOOOO TEAM!!!! FIRE OTIS!

I was late to the party but I liked how your one post summed up about 4 pages.

I HATE WHEN WE GET A 2011 DRAFT PICK THAT HAS MORE POTENTIAL THAN A GUY WE PROBABLY COULD HAVE GOTTEN IN THE LATE 20S IN 2013

Lol this is so true

I think the words "draft pick" have a high impact when we hear about a trade but they're nothing more than what we just got

Okay... So I missed out on all the action... which was a bummer. Had to pay the bills and deal with clients... good and bad. However the news did reach me eventually:

The Bucks send guards Doron Lamb and Beno Udrih and forward Tobias Harris to the Magic in exchange for guards J.J. Redick and Ish Smith and forward Gustavo Ayon.

I poured a little coffee for my fallen homie JJ..... The last of the beat making twins who teased us with their possible CD.... Is now beating on too... F-ing Wisconsin! Holy Magic Stuff Bro, Bring A Parka. I am going to miss him but it was a good trade because we weren't keeping him after this year. We bring in a PG who is pretty decent a young SG who has a good touch... a SF who can stretch the floor... Rock Bottom here we come.

This also means that Arron is here to stay...... hold on...... oh dear... stop the trade! stop the trade!.... *On my knees screaming out* " JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Some where between.. crush a bit, little bit,..., ..., and Shots, shots, shot, shot, shot, shots ... I see

The Bobcats send Hakim Warrick to Orlando for Josh McRoberts.

At first I thought it was the smoke and liqueur messing up my eyes... I mean knew things were spinning but for someone to want Josh McRobberts... well that cant be right? After the 23rd time reading it... well I'll be...... the BobCats are trying to foil our plan of getting the number 1 pick this year.... Mother- F....

Stop the trade!, Stop the trade!, Stop the trade!

Why Basketball Gods.... Why!!!!!! - Then I fell and hit my head and realized that stuff happens and we must move on for the worst or better...

Good Luck all former Magic players, except Dwight

JJ I will go ahead and reserve your spot for the Magic Killer List..... Sigh.... its going to s u c k.

lol... this was a funny post