Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I honestly don't know enough about Lamb and Harris to know how to react to this trade other than I'll miss J.J. and that I like Beno as a solid player.

If Redick was going to walk away as a free agent then I love getting something for him. Not like Ish or Ayon was major pieces going forward, both basically third string. But I'm not convinced J.J. was going to absolutely leave so as I said, don't know how to feel about it without more information.

I like the McRoberts-Warrick trade.

Also, I don't see myself ever changing my avatar. :)

Remember when Magic fans on this board were talking about being on the cusp of getting Chris Paul or praising the "Moldy Hobo" for calling the Brandon Bass signing? Now we're relegated to debating the potential of Tobias Harris and Doran (not Jeremy) Lamb and how Beno Udrih is an upgrade at backup PG.

Thanks Otis and Dwight for lowering the expectations of Magic fans to these depths.

• Upvote 1

Also, I don't see myself ever changing my avatar. :)/>

Keep the avatar. JJ was one of the classiest, hard working and skilled players the Magic has ever had. Call it a "tribute avatar".

Great trade for Redick. Lamb and Harris are very solid prospects. I especially liked Lamb at UK. Here's some info on them from Hollinger's Draft Rater...

Harris was ranked the 8th best prospect of the 2011 draft:

The other strong frontcourt prospect is Tobias Harris of Tennessee with a rating of 14.83. Of the 19 big men to rate between 13.5 and 15.5, a few were dogs, but two became All-Stars (Al Horford and Carlos Boozer) and most became quality players.

http://insider.espn....aftrater-110620

D. Lamb was ranked the 20th best prospect of the 2012 draft:

http://insider.espn....nba-draft-rater

I already hate this deal if we don't get any picks from it. Been checking the stats of the players we got.. they suck lol :panicworker: