Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

JJ to Memphis does intrigue me as Memphis has a 7.5 mil trade exception from the Rudy Gay deal and so could, theoretically, take on a bad contract to get JJ.

Here's the thing, we're dreaming if we think we can dump a bad contract AND get a 1st for JJ. But would you guys send JJ to Memphis if it meant getting rid of Harrington's contract (but no 1st coming our way)?

Here's the thing, we're dreaming if we think we can dump a bad contract AND get a 1st for JJ. But would you guys send JJ to Memphis if it meant getting rid of Harrington's contract (but no 1st coming our way)?

No, Al is only partially guaranteed after this season. I'll take the draft pick.

JJ to Memphis does intrigue me as Memphis has a 7.5 mil trade exception from the Rudy Gay deal and so could, theoretically, take on a bad contract to get JJ.

memphis did the gay trade mostly to get under the tax threshhold so no way they take back salary, even jus jj for tpe.

why would we want a TPE though? Sounds like you need a third team involved. And agree with ufballer on tax point.

BBD would have been the bad contract they wanted to move....until he broke his foot.

No one will touch him now until he proves he can come back from it.

BBD would have been the bad contract they wanted to move....until he broke his foot.

No one will touch him now until he proves he can come back from it.

Meh, IMO Glen Davis is paid just about right for his production.

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard Turk's name pop up in trade talks. I know I know, but if you believe teams are trying to avoid the luxury tax then Hedo is a great asset to have. This applies to about 10 teams.

Here's a pretty simple deal, that works and makes sense for both parties:

Udrih ($7m expiring) + 1st rounder (likely 14-18th pick) for Redick.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a5pjmtd

If the Bucks don't move Ellis, they've got both Jennings and Ellis who can play the point guard position so they won't miss Udrih that much. Makes sense for us Because that pick gives us a run at a mid-first calibre guy like Burke if we want him (allows us to select a SG/PG combo like McLemore/Burke or Shabazz/Burke).

Meh, IMO Glen Davis is paid just about right for his production.

This.

His play isn't the 'sexiest' PF play in the NBA (understatement), but for 6.5m p.a. he puts up 15/10 pretty consistently, is a leader, sets great screens, plays hard and plays solid defense. We've noticeably missed him when he's been injured. He was central to some of our good early season wins. And it's not like he's earning $11m like Hedo.