Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

Until LA shoots 40 fts/game, helping to ensure they keep winning...

I thought you were over-exaggerating for dramatic purposes when I first saw this. Didn't realise it actually happened in the GSW game.

Memphis has no chance to impact their playoff standings tonight with a win or loss, the game is meaningless to them from that point of view. They are, however, playing the Jazz, who are fighting for a playoff spot.

Does Memphis look at this as a chance to deny Utah a spot in the playoffs, which would, in turn, help the Lakers, or do they back off, give their key guys some rest and get ready for their playoff run?

Houston can jump up to #6 with a win (and a Warriors loss), or fall back to #8 with a loss, but more importantly, they can help knock the Lakers out of the playoffs all together!

Looks like I'm a Jazz AND Rockets fan tonight!

Just from a basketball standpoint, wouldn't you rather watch a Lakers/Spurs or Lakers/Thunder first round match-up as opposed to Utah? I think it would be interesting watching Dwight in the playoffs as a neutral observer.

Just from a basketball standpoint, wouldn't you rather watch a Lakers/Spurs or Lakers/Thunder first round match-up as opposed to Utah? I think it would be interesting watching Dwight in the playoffs as a neutral observer.

Yes, I posted the same thing in the "are we rooting for the Lakers?" thread or whatever it's called.

I'd prefer Spurs vs Lakers because OKC would steamroll the Lakers. It would be even uglier now that Kobe is gone

From a strictly basketball standpoint, as a neutral observer, sure. However, as a Magic fan, I would love to see the Lakers not make the playoffs. The Lakers have long been top of my list of teams to actively root against, and Dwight made sure to cement that position for years to come. I would love to see them, and specifically Dwight, not make the playoffs.

From a strictly basketball standpoint, as a neutral observer, sure. However, as a Magic fan, I would love to see the Lakers not make the playoffs. The Lakers have long been top of my list of teams to actively root against, and Dwight made sure to cement that position for years to come. I would love to see them, and specifically Dwight, not make the playoffs.

I think it will be more fun to see them get embarrassed.

I also have this screen name over on ESPN and sometimes make some posts on the game threads. I made them mad tonight when I said "Only Duhon can bail out the Lakers tonight". The Laker fans are screaming about the foul calls, they don't believe they are getting enough. So far I am enjoying the game.

I want the draft pick while I can get it, go Lakers.

That doesn't make any sense... Only if the Lakers miss the playoffs the Suns will get their draft pick. Them making the playoffs delays the whole process makes it worse for us, I thought this was already discussed?

That doesn't make any sense... Only if the Lakers miss the playoffs the Suns will get their draft pick. Them making the playoffs delays the whole process makes it worse for us, I thought this was already discussed?

Them missing the playoffs could've caused a downward spiral (Dwight leaving, Kobe out) to where we never got jack.

Them missing the playoffs could've caused a downward spiral (Dwight leaving, Kobe out) to where we never got jack.

ah I didn't think about it like that!... Great point.