Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

ORLANDO MAGIC at LA Lakers, Dec 2nd 9:30 PM EST

From the Magic's perspective, their ex is now fat and friendless. Orlando, meanwhile, is hitting the treadmill and reading self-help books. They were criticized for being the only team in the four-way deal that didn't land an All-Star, but now they're looking wise for passing on Andrew Bynum and his bowling-blowout knees....

"I definitely wanted guys who wanted to be in the locker room," Vaughn said of his plan when he got the job. "That will always be our motive going forward. In order to have a team, for guys to pull for each other and respect each other and compromise for each other, you've got to have people in the locker room who want to be there...."

The Magic? They're patiently moving forward, biding time until they can get another superstar. Perhaps Nas said it best: Next go round I hope I pick the truest type... And watch me do it all again... It's a beautiful life, aaaight?

http://espn.go.com/n...t-howard-lakers

Depression arises BUT the Magic pulled off a great game and puts Howard in his place....great to see a team working together and kicking some a$$!

I was impressed with the team and hope they grew up tonight and now are moving forward in what should see to be a good... (NOT GREAT) Season!!

Go Magic!!

Don't know if it was mentioned but we got away with one. At the end of the first half, the ball is going sailing out of bounds with the shot clock winding down, Kobe saves it, and the shot clock is reset for some reason. Kobe never had possession enough to warrant a reset, so with the game clock under 24 the shot clock was simply turned off. That should have been a shot clock violation on us.

But hey, the NBA owed us a 3 pointer off of a clock error!