Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Keyon Dooling reveals history of abuse

I hesitate to share this, simply because the maturity of this board is often so low, but I hope you all can take a serious topic like this and not turn it into a joke.

Recently, former Magic man Keyon Dooling has opened up about being sexually abused as a child.

I understand that he's a former Magic guy, but he's personally one of my favorite Magic role players ever. The courage he's showing by putting this stuff out there in an attempt to help others gives him even more of my respect.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/november/keyon-dooling-reveals-history-of-abuse.html

Props to Keyon. Stand up guy. Wish nothing but the best for him in his personal and basketball future.

• Upvote 5

I hesitate to share this, simply because the maturity of this board is often so low, but I hope you all can take a serious topic like this and not turn it into a joke.

Recently, former Magic man Keyon Dooling has opened up about being sexually abused as a child.

I understand that he's a former Magic guy, but he's personally one of my favorite Magic role players ever. The courage he's showing by putting this stuff out there in an attempt to help others gives him even more of my respect.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/november/keyon-dooling-reveals-history-of-abuse.html

Props to Keyon. Stand up guy. Wish nothing but the best for him in his personal and basketball future.

I read about that. Felt so sorry for him and what mess he went through in his life. He made a very wise choice to retire and fight his demons.

I give a standing ovation to that man.

Keyon was always one of my favorite players. Sad to hear this, just as all the other cases I see.

There are a lot of serious issues that can be made light of....sexual abuse of a child is not one of them. Bravo to Keyon for showing the courage to bring up the issue.

I liked Keyon when he was here, played good defense and could back up both guard positions. I was disappointed we let him go.

It is indeed brave of him to come out about this, and it is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. Props to him to grow up and still have a successful life and career after such hideous acts that likely ruined his childhood.

It's always sad to hear that. I have 2 kids and I''m extra careful when others are around them because i wouldnt want this to happen to them. Sick people in this world and they look ao normal.