Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Time to Buy a New Jersey

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Safest Player to Stay on the Roster?

• Jameer Nelson
    • JJ Redick
    • Glen Davis
    • Aarron Afflalo
    • Moe Harkless
    • Andrew Nicholson
    • Nikola Vucevic

So this poll serves two purposes. With Dwight gone it's time for me to go get a new jersey. My Jameer jersey is torn up from over wearing, my Vince and Rashard jerseys sit in the back of my closet, and my Hedo jersey well be burned in celebration when he is no longer on the Magic. It's time to pick a new one, and I want some help on deciding who is the best bet to be on the roster the longest.

So what do you think guys? Not only who is the safest to stay on the roster, but who is the new face of this franchise? Who is the up and coming star? Who is going to be trade bait? Who is the biggest fan favorite? Is there any players on this roster that could retire a Magic player? I felt it would be a nice discussion for us all to go over.

I excluded Hedo and Harrington cause I'm next to positive neither of those two will be on the Roster next year, and possibly even by the end of the year.

Jameer- My favorite Magic player ever. Looking like he is going to be a lifer for the team and end his career here in Orlando with his contract extension as long as he is not traded.

JJ- Fan favorite extrordinare, most savy player on the team, and to me the Magic's best trade chip. I got a feeling that no matter how much I want to see him spend his whole career here, JJ will be traded to another team to try and net a draft pick or star player.

Davis- Another fan favorite player I think is most likely to be traded. Right now looks like the best all around player on the team, but let's face it, if that's the case the Magic will never sniff any higher then a first round exit in the playoffs and that's thinking positively. However I'm betting a playoff team that's on the cusp of competing for a ship would give up some good pieces for him due to all the good he can bring in.

Afflalo- Future All Star? Trade piece? Career journeyman? I really can't call Afflalo. The guy has talent but he is no Top 25 player in the NBA. He could be a great future building piece for the team or he could be a piece we need to trade to bring in the future. There is no knowing it.

Moe- Another guy we have no idea how he will turn out. He is on this list based off talent alone.

Nicholson- Same as Moe. If Baby is traded especially, Andrew will become a huge piece in the Magic's rebuild efforts.

Vucevic- Guy has heart hustle and work ethic written all over him. Expectation of him is to be a solid center for years to come that just does what is needed. But there is a chance he could be something special. No matter what I think we are keeping him.

Opinions?

Yeah, sadly I see JJ being moved. I wish he wasn't, because I really, really like his game. I think he'd make a great PG if 'Meer ever went down and just having him in the mix does great things for our team. But he's earned a starting spot, and I don't think he'll get that with AA on the roster.

I think Afflalo will stay for a while. He'll be our gritty wing player that every team needs.

I think Harkless may become our star player but I can't say for sure until he plays one game for us :D

Everytime I have purchased a jersey something bad happens with that player, that is why I only own 2 jerseys. A Mark Acres jersey, and a Fran Vasquez. Mark is retired so he is safe, my hope is that something bad happens to Fran.

Having said all that, I prefer old school to current players. I just think it is cooler, I mean who is sporting a Reggie Theus jersey out there? Everyone has a Dwight jersey.

Funny side note, my phone auto corrected Theus to thrusting and Dwight to daughter....lol