Sign in to follow this  
jec

Where's the Excitement?

Honestly? The last year has deflated me a bit. I still love the Magic, but I'm not getting as invested again for a while, I think. And considering at least a few of these guys will be shipped off in the couple months....no reason to get attached, you know?

This is a transition phase so it would be dumb to lose sleep over these next few seasons.

When Hedo leaves I will be strapped in for good

There should be a gamethread by now for tomorrow night's game. It's the season opener, people.

The future of our beloved team is about to unfold. Let' go. I want to see some energy from you guys. Is nobody else as hyped as I am?

I missed this thread but i agree

I was expecting people to be more excited, i sure was, finally seeing this team playing

Awesome sig also, by the way

• Upvote 1

I don't contribute much but its been tough since some tall idiot left to be honest. I did listen to the game on 580 and I'm looking forward to watching one soon. Go Magic!

I think it's sad that the mindset amongst the fan base is essentially rooting to lose.

I don't care about draft picks or any of that, I want wins. And I unfortunately missed the game, but I am very excited to see the Magic start on a high note with a win.

Never root to lose. That mentality is for losers.

I think it's sad that the mindset amongst the fan base is essentially rooting to lose.

I don't care about draft picks or any of that, I want wins. And I unfortunately missed the game, but I am very excited to see the Magic start on a high note with a win.

Never root to lose. That mentality is for losers.

vaughnymad.jpg

"Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

Yes, unfortunately I can't give that guy negative rep anymore because I'd really like to know how he plans to win something relevant with the mediocre players we have.

People that are rooting for the 7-8th seed are short sighted, we would just lose in the first round, get a mediocre draft pick to add to the mediocre players that we already have and we'd never leave this hole.

Yes, unfortunately I can't give that guy negative rep anymore because I'd really like to know how he plans to win something relevant with the mediocre players we have.

People that are rooting for the 7-8th seed are short sighted, we would just lose in the first round, get a mediocre draft pick to add to the mediocre players that we already have and we'd never leave this hole.

Look the reality is that we are not going to beat the Heats and OKC's of the NBA in a playoff series. I think everyone understands that, however what you dont want is an orginaztion getting USED to losing. Take a look at the Wizards and teams like them. They got used to losing so much that now they are stuck there, because it is a mindset. Let the guys play and actually EARN what they are paid, unlike that prima-donna in LA.

Look the reality is that we are not going to beat the Heats and OKC's of the NBA in a playoff series. I think everyone understands that, however what you dont want is an orginaztion getting USED to losing. Take a look at the Wizards and teams like them. They got used to losing so much that now they are stuck there, because it is a mindset. Let the guys play and actually EARN what they are paid, unlike that prima-donna in LA.

Well, obviously we shouldn't go there trying to lose, but I don't know why people want us to make the playoffs and lose in the first round.

Just look at Cleveland after LeBron left, they landed Kyrie Irving right away.

Well, obviously we shouldn't go there trying to lose, but I don't know why people want us to make the playoffs and lose in the first round.

Just look at Cleveland after LeBron left, they landed Kyrie Irving right away.

And exactly what has that accomplished?? They still suck. The Wizards, and Bobcats have had high first round picks for how many years in a row? They still suck. Just because you get high draft picks doesnt guarantee success. I mean what is the point of getting high draft picks if they end up leaving after a few years?? You get rid of Hedo's contract, and a couple other mediocre players, use Harrington and another player to trade for a dynamic 2 or 3. This team has a bunch of guys that if developed the right way can be good players. Like I said in previous post, the next couple years are Miami and OKC's to lose. Stay young develop and eventually bring in one or two star caliber players.

IMO teams that don't take this team seriously will lose. We may have mediocre players in some peoples' opinions, but we are deep with mediocre players and that might even be better than 5 good starters and a sucky bench!