barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Yeah, I think I do since I've been a fan since the teams inception, grew up in Orlando, and for years lived and died by each game. That season sucked, as did that team. I like that you think saying it was great in some bad news bears kinda way somehow makes it so. I posted the roster so you could see how little hope we had compared to this years roster that has at least three or four young players with upside that will likely be part of our roster for years to come.

You're conflating things again like you did in your first post. I wasn't commenting on the team's future, or player development, or anything else beyond a pure entertainment standpoint when it comes to a comparison of the two seasons. Andrew Nicholson probably has a solid amount of upside (mostly offensively), but he's the most boring basketball player this side of Hugh Grant romantic comedies. The thing is, I don't care about any of that in the context of what I first stated.

Con Air is awesome because of how unabashedly ridiculous it is in every way. Terminator: Salvation sucks because it's straight faced. That's the difference between these two teams in the context of enjoyment.

Getting an early start to the weekend are ya? At least you provided the reason behind that dumb comment.

Witty.

Just passing time until 2015 when we have an actual team again.

You're conflating things again like you did in your first post. I wasn't commenting on the team's future, or player development, or anything else beyond a pure entertainment standpoint when it comes to a comparison of the two seasons. Andrew Nicholson probably has a solid amount of upside (mostly offensively), but he's the most boring basketball player this side of Hugh Grant romantic comedies. The thing is, I don't care about any of that in the context of what I first stated.

Con Air is awesome because of how unabashedly ridiculous it is in every way. Terminator: Salvation sucks because it's straight faced. That's the difference between these two teams in the context of enjoyment.

Andrew Nicholson aside, this team from my perspective is much more enjoyable to watch. I suppose if you're into watching things like JV football or the Special Olympics you can relate more to the 2003-04 team and I respect that. Personally I get much more enjoyment out of watching our young talent incrementally improve (with or without personality) than watching a team of lovable misfits fumbling their way through an 82 game season, knowing not one of them has a future in the NBA...much less my team. Different strokes I guess

I am enjoying this season. Not the blow outs of course (and there have been a good amount of them lately), as I just turn those off, but the young guys are fun to watch. If it continues into next year with no improvement, my interest will fade I am sure. This year has gone just about as I expected.

Of the 4 young guys, if 1 becomes an all star (or even just below that status), 1 becomes a solid starter, and 1 a solid bench guy, then I will be happy. As I see it now, I think that all 4 could reach the solid starter level. They all have flaws, but they are also all first or second year players.

For those of you who say you are having fun watching this team, explain to me which aspect.

Because yea we have young guys but none of them are flashy or entertaining in any way. Nicholson gets his, Vuc gets his, Harkless is starting to get his. I like the fact that they are producing and could be part of the team going forward, but none of their games are exciting or make me say "I HAVE to watch Nicholson." They're not exciting like Lillard or Anthony Davis or other young players.

I feel the team is just so...bland. I think Big Baby adds to some excitement and antics which is fun. sigh.

For those of you who say you are having fun watching this team, explain to me which aspect.

Because yea we have young guys but none of them are flashy or entertaining in any way. Nicholson gets his, Vuc gets his, Harkless is starting to get his. I like the fact that they are producing and could be part of the team going forward, but none of their games are exciting or make me say "I HAVE to watch Nicholson." They're not exciting like Lillard or Anthony Davis or other young players.

I feel the team is just so...bland. I think Big Baby adds to some excitement and antics which is fun. sigh.

I already said what I enjoyed, the incremental improvement of guys who, at least two or three of, will likely be part if this team for many years. What's so exciting about Anthony Davis btw?

Part of what I am enjoying has nothing to do with the young guys that are here now, but who is not here any longer. This team is refreshing compared to the crap from last year. Our new GM seems to know what he is doing and has the team pointed in A direction unlike the uncontrolled wonderings either one way or another of the former GM. Looking back at the Howard era, outside of the finals team, the Magic had no real chance of winning a title with him as the center piece. Henne has basically cleaned house (I hope they waive Turk this offseason) while managing to get some picks in the process.

I've have already said that if there is no growth next year and the losing continues, it will get old. I for one think this team will improve the remainder of the season and into next year. I believe the 3 youngsters we had pre Redick trade have the potential to all be solid NBA players and Harris has the potential to be a stud in this league.

You are right about the have to watch that guy comment, though I am saying that about Harris now. Was there a player on our team last year that you had to watch? Yes, Howard at first, but that got old really fast at least for me.

It's not that this team is exactly fun to watch, but they are definitely more fun to watch than last year's team at least. I'd much rather watch Harkless, Harris, Nicholson, Vucevic play hard and fail than JRich, Duhon, etc suck or not care and get paid way more than they're worth

I watch this team like Spring Training baseball. The wins/losses do not matter, what matters is how everyone plays individually. That in itself, is fun to watch.

No one player is going to make a game exciting by themself. LeBron is LeBron, but those Cavs teams were a bore to watch. Plus, albeit he's only been here for a couple games, I like watching Harris.

I already said what I enjoyed, the incremental improvement of guys who, at least two or three of, will likely be part if this team for many years. What's so exciting about Anthony Davis btw?

Anthony Davis has a chance to be a special player? He has elite intangibles, and with a few seasons under his belt could be the centerpiece for his team?